Stitzel-Weller is one of the true cathedrals of the American whiskey industry. Located only 5 miles from downtown Louisville, the Bulliet Frontier Whiskey Experience is one of the most convenient and impressive along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Stitzel-Weller is seeking General Operators to join their bottling team. The General Operators would be responsible for a variety of tasks and activities within our high-speed bottling facility.
Essential Functions Overview
- Perform all job functions safely.
- Must regularly lift, push or pull up to +50 lbs
- Regularly exposed to a noisy environment.
- Work in and around moving machinery, moving vehicles.
Core Duties include:
- Follow all safety and quality procedures
- General manual work
- Erect empty cases
- Insert partition divider into empty cases
- Uncase empty bottles and place them on conveyors
- Stacking full cases and building pallets
- Placing bottles into boxes
- Cleaning and / or re-working bottles and labels
- Adding additional items to bottles/ boxes i.e. stickers, ribbons, designs etc
- Operate forklift to move raw materials and dry supplies (Applicants with forklift experience preferred)
Additional Duties include:
- Perform all responsibilities in compliance with safety, sanitation, quality and housekeeping rules.
- Clean machinery to maintain optimum machine performance. This may include using tools to: scrape, wipe, sweep, squeegee.
- Troubleshoot machinery to main optimum machine performance. This may include: clearing jams, adjusting / resetting equipment, removing glue / labels.
- Repair substandard packages. This may include: Relabeling bottles, restacking boxes on pallet.
- Loading equipment with packaging supplies. This may include: lifting overhead, regularly lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Moving and dumping garbage and recycling containers.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and follow general housekeeping guidelines and rules for Food Safety Regulations. Keep area updated with 5S.
- Lifting - Minimum: 50 lbs constantly
- Repetitive Motion - Constant handing of bottles, packaging supplies, or equipment.
- Dexterity - Frequent manipulating of controls, minimal to frequent repairing of substandard packages, frequent completion of paperwork.
- Climbing - Minimal to frequent on crossover stairs, staircases / ladders, stepstools
- Standing / Sitting - Frequent standing, minimal to frequent sitting based on equipment
- Walking - Frequent to Constant
- Pushing - Minimal to frequent based on equipment.
- Pulling - Minimal to frequent based on equipment.
- Vibration - Minimal
Environment: Indoors: subject to the following:
- Wet, slippery
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.