Operations Team Member (OTM): 12 hour Shift, 3-4 days per week
Essential Functions Overview
- Perform all job functions safely.
- Must regularly lift, push or pull up to +50 lbs
- Regularly exposed to a noisy, wet environment.
- Work in and around moving machinery, moving vehicles.
- Must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including hearing protection, safety glasses, safety toed shoes, cut resistant gloves, bump cap or hard hat, hair net, and beard net (if applicable).
- Part of a line team and contributing equally to the common goal
- Operate depalletizer, filler, capper, air cleaner, unscrambler, case packer, case sealer, and / or unitizer.
- Changeover machine centres to standardized operating procedures
- Support the MMS program, manufacturing excellence standards such as A3 (project leadership), short interval control, and 5Y analysis, adherence to centerlining standards and changeover procedures
- Participation and contribution to Tier 1 shift based meetings
- Train other Operation Team Members on equipment as required
- Perform all responsibilities in compliance with safety, sanitation, quality and housekeeping rules. Specifically completion of quality control plan as required
- Clean machinery to maintain optimum machine performance. This may include using tools to: scrape, wipe, sweep, squeegee.
- Troubleshoot machinery to main optimum machine performance. This may include: clearing jams, adjusting / resetting equipment, removing glue / labels.
- Repair substandard packages. This may include: Relabeling bottles, restacking boxes on pallet.
- Loading equipment with packaging supplies. This may include: lifting overhead, regularly lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Moving and dumping garbage and recycling containers. This may include lifting up to 100 lbs*.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and follow general housekeeping guidelines and rules for Food Safety Regulations. Keep area updated with 5S.
Lifting - Minimum: 20 lbs constantly Maximum: 100 lbs* occasionally
Repetitive Motion - Constant handing of bottles, packaging supplies, or equipment.
Dexterity - Frequent manipulating of controls, minimal to frequent repairing of substandard packages, frequent completion of paperwork, frequent computer work.
Climbing - Minimal to frequent on crossover stairs, staircases / ladders, stepstools
Standing / Sitting - Frequent standing, minimal to frequent sitting based on equipment
Walking - Frequent to Constant
Pushing - Minimal to frequent based on equipment.
Pulling - Minimal to frequent based on equipment.
Vibration - Minimal
Environment: Indoors: subject to the following:
- Wet, slippery
* Lifting is performed with assistance of other workers / equipment