A Bit about us!
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
In March 2014 Beer Operational Excellence was created as a discrete function within Global Supply. The Beer OpEx function provides technical leadership for Diageo's beer business globally. Within this a new Brand Technical Innovation function was established to manage the Brand Change and Science & Technology (S&T) functions for the Global beer business. Harnessing technological advancements and with expert technical understanding of the entire brewing process, S&T leads process development & transformation across brewing and BBA arenas driving efficiencies and process agility throughout global brewing operations.
As Process Development Technologist you will:
- Support the delivery projects in the S&T pipeline in F19 adding significant value to our business through focussed value-added process transformation and exploitation of advances in technology.
- Provide technical input into S&T projects
- Keep up to date on technological and scientific advancements in the food & beverage and other arenas to identify possible opportunities for further commercial success within Global Supply
- Work closely with Operations, key suppliers and universities to deliver robust and implementable technical solutions with pace
- Support concept development (with significant intellectual input) and lead development activities involving pilot scale process development, working with supplier's plant and equipment and scaling up to plant scale trials in our RoI or international operations.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Batchelor level University Degree /professional technical qualification in Science or Engineering or equivalent.
- Recognised brewing qualification, preferably Master Brewer IBD.
- Brewing experience preferred with a minimum of 1 year of experience in brewhouse, fermentation or maturation/filtration
- International brewing experience and advantage (operations or technical)
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written.
- Proven experience in delivering technical projects
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment.
By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.