Exciting opportunities now available for you to join our Talisker Distillery as a Brand Home Guide!
Please note, with these exciting new roles - comes exciting new salary packages! Please apply or contact email@example.com direct for more information!!
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment.
By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.
**** Talisker Distillery****
... Is the oldest working distillery on the Isle of Skye, a truly magical place, producing an alluring, sweet, full-bodied single malt that is so easy to enjoy, and like Skye itself, so hard to leave.
The island has countless ways to enchant you, with its mountain ranges, miles of dramatic coastline and captivating history, so make sure and also bring your sense of adventure!
As distillery Brand Home Guide you will be very much part of providing strategic marketing support to Talisker as a brand, through planned activities agreed with both the Diageo brand team and external marketing specialists.
Being an integral part of the visitor centre team, as BHG you will be required to deliver high standards of customer service and an exceptional and memorable visitor experience.
Expectations of the role will include:
- Ensuring a high level of customer care by welcoming, leading, informing and enthusing visitors during tours of the distillery and brand reception area
- Presenting the key quality messages relating to the whisky making process and brands to visitors in an interesting and informative manner
- Working closely with the Brand Home Manager to fully develop the Distillery Visitor Centre and Brand Home's role in promoting the key brands
- Ensuring that the facilities (including food preparation and hospitality, where appropriate) meet the Diageo brand team requirements
- Demonstrating a high level of retail skills in order to maximise sales
- Actively operate within a flexible working and cross-functional team culture
We are looking for individuals who have real passion and a proactive nature, alongside excellent customer service skills. You must be able to work effectively within a team, with excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the whisky making process and the key quality messages which relate to the site and the associated brands.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Educated to Higher standard or equivalent
- Full UK drivers licence
- Demonstrated ability to work within a flexible organisation
- Demonstrate a clear awareness and understanding of all legislation factors necessary for the fulfilment of duties within the guiding remit regarding HMC & E, Health and Safety and Environment
- PC knowledge preferable
- Good problem diagnosis skills to allow effective decision making
HAPPY TO TALK FLEXIBLE WORKING