- Responsibility for dump/fill barreling and blending operation and 19 Bourbon maturing warehouses (mix of pallet and wood rick). Team of 15 employees.
- To manage and coordinate all activities of Warehouse Leads and operators, including operational, personnel and administrative tasks.
- Develop, manage, and lead a performance-oriented team to deliver excellent service and a high quality finished product.
- Financial Responsibility
- Develop new process and programs to reduce and minimize losses/waste.
- Control operating budget.
- Apply Operational Excellence standards to all aspects of the operation.
Directly responsible for one staff member, lead personnel and hourly workers.
- Hire employees as required including temporary resource; resolve conflicts; coordinate daily staffing.
- Ensure efficient production and high standards - optimize safety, quality, production, and cost objectives through employee involvement and team building approach to problem solving.
- Train and monitor personnel to ensure safe and compliant procedures are always followed.
- Effectively communicate production schedules and schedule changes to appropriate internal departments and external customers.
- Direct the planning and execution of key initiatives to continuously improve warehousing operations.
- Ensure all departmental audits and all corrective action items are completed, on time and all Warehousing operators understand the purpose and goals of the audit process.
- Review production paperwork and ensure all paperwork is completed accurately and timely.
- Ensure production databases are effectively maintained and information utilized for continuous improvement. All SAP transactions completed accurately and on time.
- Collaborate regularly with NA Whiskey planning team to ensure barrel movements and space constraints are accurately and effectively communicated.
- Manage assigned budget accounts effectively.
- Complete labor cost estimates for special projects and rework.
- Generate ideas and implement changes in processes and use of equipment to improve safety and quality, increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve employee morale.
- Research, write, and implement assigned Capital Authorizations (CAs) as required.
- Remain abreast of industry changes and new technology, equipment, systems, and procedures as they relate to improving the Warehousing and Maturing area.
- Be an effective member of the site leadership team, collaborate with colleagues on safety issues, quality and productivity.
- BA/BS in Business, Management, Science or Engineering, five plus years of people management experience in distillery or warehousing facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate - SAP, Excel, MicroSoft Office
- Strong leadership and management background. Experience of leading in unionised environment preferred.
- Strong analytical and budgeting skills
- Excellent organization, planning and time-management skills.
- Must collaborate well with other departments, as well as all levels of management.
- Must be customer oriented.
- Thorough working knowledge and demonstrated experience - HACCP.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.