At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people. We are proud to lead the future of some of the world's most famous and admired brands. Our purpose as an HR function is to be an agile, connected, accountable performance partner for the business by focusing on the areas where we will make the greatest difference to performance. That requires us to fully optimise our business, through trusted partnerships which drive productivity across our organisation.
Purpose of Role
- A pivotal support role, working for our Chief HR Officer (CHRO). As an Executive Assistant, you will be the key interface between the CHRO, the Diageo Executive Committee, Diageo Board Members and HR Leadership Team.
- Working closely with the CHRO on day-to-day matters, dealing with highly confidential and sensitive company information.
- Manage and prioritise the CHRO's diary to ensure most effective use of time. Including organising travel itineraries for UK and Global travel requirements.
- Diarise and orchestrate key HR meetings and events. Circulate supporting materials in a timely manner, monitoring responses and following up on actions.
- Establish and maintain good working close working relationships with other Executive Assistants.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive.
- Ensure effective and efficient fluid communication is maintained with Executive Members and members of the HR Leadership Team to ensure appropriate co-ordination.
- Screen calls, deal with all routine queries and use initiative and judgement to seek appropriate responses for non-routine issues.
- Manage all incoming post and e-mail traffic effectively and promptly, ensuring that all non-routine matters are handled effectively including the efficient distribution of information.
- Compose and oversee all reply correspondence, compiling and conveying information clearly.
- Manage external relationships with suppliers, agencies, media etc.
- Reconcile monthly expense returns via our internal system (Concur).
- Process and manage any ad-hoc purchase orders via our internal systems (Coupa).
- Proactively manage electronic and hard copy filing.
- Manage any delegated tasks in our HR software (Workday).
- Ensure all personal and confidential matters are handled efficiently and discretely.
Qualifications and experience
- Prioritise time and workload, maintaining the balance between urgent and routine issues. Assist the CHRO in achieving objectives through effective time management.
- Calm under pressure, flexible approach to problem resolution, decisive and efficient.
- Develop strategic aims into goals and actionable steps; identify uncertainties and plan for potential barriers.
- Exercise judgement in a fast moving environment; cope with ambiguity. Display the confidence to make decisions on behalf of the CHRO and make sound judgements when necessary.
- Understand the impact on the business of technological, market and competitor development. Display an understanding of companywide strategy and global corporate culture.
- Communicate effectively at all levels. Is discrete, approachable and able to be trusted with highly confidential information.
- Able to handle multi-cultural communication in a sensitive and appropriate manner. Build effective cross-functional networking. Share knowledge effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Advanced knowledge of the most common software packages, including Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Depth of understanding to resolve software problems and develop system enhancements to create a more user-friendly system.
- Develop an understanding of the opportunities in digital and social media technology which might enable the CHRO to improve communications.