Our Culture at the BenRiach Distillery Company is to foster Personal Growth, Collaboration, Teamwork, Self-Initiative and Problem Solving in a Respectful and Safe Environment where every employee has a high degree of Self-Awareness, Accountability, Credibility, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Professional Ethics.
The Production Operations Director is the inspiring leader responsible for Distilling, Warehousing, Processing, Bottling, the Supply Chain, Shipping, and Customer Service of the BenRiach Distillery Company. Comprised of approximately 130 employees, three distilleries, four warehouse operations, and one bottling facility; all in Scotland. Responsible for key functions of Safety, Quality, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Production, Maintenance, Vatted Whisky Sales, Third Party Bottling, and Finance.
Leads the development of short and long-term visions for distilling, warehousing, processing, bottling, shipping operations, and vatted sales. Directly responsible for employee safety and morale, product quality, the operation's budget, reliability of production and planning, and governmental compliance.
Leadership / Planning / Administration:
- Fosters an environment that is inclusive of everyone; driving accountability at all levels and valuing the contributions of all employees. Promotes a shared understanding of organizational values and operating principles that support the achievement of business goals.
- Provides leadership and vision to the production organization to meet short and long-term operating strategies and objectives. Accomplish operational objectives by establishing recommendations, plans, budgets, and result measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Leads and provides overall operational direction and consistency to enhance safety, morale, quality, productivity, customer service, cost effectiveness.
- Increases management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and holding team members accountable. Communicates values, strategies, and objectives; assigns accountabilities to meet or exceed them.
- Ensures uniform application and consistency of Company policies and procedures and develops good employee relations.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders on procurement strategies for energy, grain, casks, and other critical raw materials.
- Builds company image by collaborating with employees, customers, government, industry, and community organizations while following and enforcing ethical business practices.
- Ensures compliance with company and government policies and regulations.
- Supports and ensures accurate and timely government and compliance reporting.
Production / Safety / Quality / Environmental:
- Responsible for employee safety and morale, product quality, reliability and consistency of production, governmental compliance, and environmental impact.
- Ensures the efficient utilization of production operations to produce high quality product within the prescribed standard operating procedures for safety, quality, cost, environmental, and compliance. Plans, directs and ensures controls of all production operations.
- Directs the review and evaluation of operating practices and procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiency of production operations.
- Ensure that safe working conditions exist across all production operations and that all programs and policies are effectively implemented and practiced; including HSE, COMAH, and ATEX.
- Ensure compliance with BF quality policies, standards, and systems including plant sanitation and GMP procedures.
- Provide coaching and opportunities to direct reports for personal development and growth. Resolve performance issues through coaching and/or coordination with HR for training and development. Sets the example for the performance management process.
- Reviews organizational design and requirements to ensure they are consistent and adequate for attainment of objectives.
- Ensures uniform application and consistency of Company policies and procedures and developing good employee relations.
- Cultivates a climate for respectful and candid feedback as well as team building.
- In collaboration with the Finance Controller lead the process of developing the annual operating budget. Provide leadership, direction, and accountability to meet or exceed the operational budget.
- In collaboration with Distilleries Manager and Bottling Manager develop short and long-term capital plans and major maintenance improvement projects.
- Utilize continuous improvement methodologies to improve efficiencies and lower operating cost. Facilitates a cost saving culture.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, chemistry, business or related field with 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing leadership roles directly leading people and teams in with whisky industry.
- Demonstrated inclusive leadership and excellent communication skills. Ability to build and sustain excellent business relationships (internally and externally) as well as high functioning teams.
- Strong business, financial, and analytical acumen. Strong understanding of supply chain processes, continuous improvement methodologies, quality, safety, and environmental practices.
- Ability to diagnose manufacturing issues and problem solve solutions to increase operational efficiencies and control cost.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration.
- Knowledge and experience of TPM practices.
- Working user knowledge of SAP-ERP applications in a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in labor relations.
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel's & Cola, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel's Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman's brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.