There are a lot of great reasons to love working at Laithwaite’s not least that we’re the most successful wine merchant on the planet. A family run business for over 50 years we sell more wine, to more people, than anyone else.
Our secret? We realised that not only did we need to get out there, meet the winemakers and discover the world’s best wines for ourselves, we had to take the customer on the journey with us.
We do that with great communication, un-stuffy writing and tastings for the customer to meet the winemakers themselves. You too, could be part of that journey.
We are currently looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Clerk to be based at our Head Office in Theale. The role is offered on a permanent full-time basis. To be successful in this role, it is essential that you have experience of double entry accounting as well as the ability to produce a reconciliation. You will also need to be competent in all Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel. Ideally, you will have some experience of working on Microsoft AX and possess Graduate / AAT qualification or equivalent.
The overall job purpose is to manage all aspects of the purchase ledger function. With key responsibilities including:
• Ensure that high volumes of invoices are accurately coded and posted:
- Deal with queries promptly
- Follow up on invoice approval
- Submit supplier payments for approval within relevant payment terms.
• Provide business support to stakeholders:
- DLX system training – invoice approval workflow
- Concur system training – employee expenses
• Assist in the management of Concur (the online expenses system)
• Provide holiday cover for other members of the ledger team
• Other ad hoc duties
Personal Skills and Qualities:
• Attention to detail and accuracy skills
• The ability to manage a variety of tasks and make decisions with respect to prioritising workloads
• Good communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
• Having a positive and proactive approach