Diageo North America aspires to be the first choice drinks business in the U.S. We are the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of brands including Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Tanqueray, Guinness and more.
Diageo's purpose is to celebrate life every day, everywhere, and we look for opportunities to enable this through our reward offering, incentives, career development opportunities, health benefits and compensation.
Stitzel-Weller is one of the true cathedrals of the American whiskey industry. Located only 5 miles from downtown Louisville, the Bulleit Frontier Whiskey Experience is one of the most convenient and impressive along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
Stitzel-Weller is undergoing significant growth and this is a key role in ensuring we continue to deliver high quality whiskey to meet consumer demands. Join our team and celebrate with us.
Role Responsibilities and Key Focus Areas:
- Operate palletizer, Rinser, Filler, Capper, Labeler, case packer, case sealer, and stretchwrapper.
- Perform all responsibilities in compliance with safety, sanitation, quality and housekeeping rules.
- Perform machines and line changeovers for different bottles, packaging and liquids.
- Perform equipment maintenance preventive tasks as assigned.
- Perform equipment lubrication and inspection routines as assigned.
- Adjust photo eyes and other electromechanical devices necessary for proper machine operation.
- Input downtime and other relevant machines performance data into Informance.
- Perform machine centerlining functions.
- Clean machinery to maintain optimum machine performance. This may include using tools to: scrape, wipe, sweep, and squeegee.
- Troubleshoot machinery to main optimum machine performance. This may include: clearing jams, adjusting/resetting equipment, removing glue/labels.
- Repair substandard packages. This may include: Relabeling bottles and restacking boxes on pallets.
- Loading equipment with packaging supplies; this may include: lifting overhead and regularly lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Use various lab equipment to perform quality checks.
- Ability to learn and have a working knowledge of SAP.
- Moving and dumping garbage and recycling containers. This may include lifting up to 100 lbs*
- Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS), and follow general housekeeping guidelines and rules for Food Safety Regulations. (Keep area updated with 5S.)
Experience and Requirements
- High School diploma required.
- College or technical training preferred.
- Two plus years of related experience preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate: SAP, Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Must work well with other departments, as well as all levels of management.
- Must be customer oriented
- Thorough working knowledge in relevant standards such as PSM (Process Safety Management), OSHA, HACCP, and ISO.