Diageo North America aspires to be the first choice drinks business in the U.S. We are the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of brands including Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Tanqueray, Guinness and more.
Diageo's purpose is to celebrate life every day, everywhere, and we look for opportunities to enable this through our reward offering, incentives, career development opportunities, health benefits and compensation.
Stitzel-Weller is one of the true cathedrals of the American whiskey industry. Located only 5 miles from downtown Louisville, the Bulleit Frontier Whiskey Experience is one of the most convenient and impressive along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
Stitzel-Weller is undergoing significant growth and this is a key role in ensuring we continue to deliver high quality whiskey to meet consumer demands. Join our team and celebrate with us.
Essential Functions Overview
- Perform all job functions safely.
- Must regularly lift, push or pull up to +50 lbs
- Regularly exposed to a noisy environment.
- Work in and around moving machinery, moving vehicles.
Core Duties include:
- Follow all safety and quality procedures
- General manual work
- Erect empty cases
- Insert partition divider into empty cases
- Uncase empty bottles and place them on conveyors
- Stacking full cases and building pallets
- Placing bottles into boxes
- Cleaning and / or re-working bottles and labels
- Adding additional items to bottles/ boxes i.e. stickers, ribbons, designs etc
- Operate forklift to move raw materials and dry supplies (Applicants with forklift experience preferred)
Additional Duties include:
- Perform all responsibilities in compliance with safety, sanitation, quality and housekeeping rules.
- Clean machinery to maintain optimum machine performance. This may include using tools to: scrape, wipe, sweep, and squeegee.
- Troubleshoot machinery to main optimum machine performance. This may include: clearing jams, adjusting / resetting equipment, removing glue / labels.
- Repair substandard packages. This may include: Relabeling bottles, restacking boxes on pallet.
- Loading equipment with packaging supplies. This may include: lifting overhead, regularly lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Moving and dumping garbage and recycling containers.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and follow general housekeeping guidelines and rules for Food Safety Regulations. Keep area updated with 5S.
- Lifting - Minimum: 50 lbs constantly
- Repetitive Motion - Constant handing of bottles, packaging supplies, or equipment.
- Dexterity - Frequent manipulating of controls, minimal to frequent repairing of substandard packages, frequent completion of paperwork.
- Climbing - Minimal to frequent on crossover stairs, staircases / ladders, stepstools
- Standing / Sitting - Frequent standing, minimal to frequent sitting based on equipment
- Walking - Frequent to Constant
- Pushing - Minimal to frequent based on equipment.
- Pulling - Minimal to frequent based on equipment.
- Vibration - Minimal
Environment: Indoors: subject to the following:
- Wet, slippery
Experience and Requirements
- High School diploma required.
- Two plus years of related experience preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate: SAP, Microsoft Office preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Must work well with other departments, as well as all levels of management.
- Must be customer oriented