Engineering wizz required, help us make sure our brewery runs like Clockwork (Orange).
We are searching for the ultimate Engineering Jedi. One that is passionate about our cause, bringing great craft beer to the people, and would like to join forces in achieving this mission. You'll be responsible for the safe and ongoing maintenance of the production machinery - in other words, the fate of our beer, our weapon against bland, boring and monolithic beer is in your hands.
The journey our beer goes through, from grain to glass, is an adventurous crusade and one that brings great responsibility. You will need to get fully clued up on the Engineering and Maintenance department in order to lead by example and become a mentor to our Engineering Padawans and our Brewing and Packaging crews, focusing on quality and efficiency at all times!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure health and safety standards are met both personally and amongst all members of the shift team. Showing a proactive attitude towards creating a safe working environment.
- To demonstrate confidence and encourage creativity in troubleshooting across all production equipment, implementing improvements which will avoid any similar repeat problems and briefing the team.
- To manage and complete planned maintenance on all equipment in a speedy and effective manner, ensuring all faults detected are picked up with shift leads and followed up on with repairs or alterations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the rest of the Maintenance and Engineering Team, including providing effective handovers to endure a smooth transition between shifts. This includes written handovers and recording of jobs in CMMS software.
- Responsible for working on a shift containing a group of engineers, ensuring all work executed on the shift is in line with the Brewdog Engineering standard.
- To be capable of carrying out mechanical or electrical tasks to a high standard with minimal supervision.
- Analyse line/equipment condition and efficiency throughout every shift, identifying any possible improvements or equipment issues.
- To be responsible for ensuring there are clear channels of communication with shift leads and production staff to guarantee the quality and efficiency of our work.
- You will be expected to assist with any reasonable management request.
- Actively engage in ongoing improvement projects as directed by shift leads and senior engineering staff.
- Manage breakdown situations efficiently by minimising production downtime while also rectifying the root cause of the problems.
- Seek to understand how other departments or teams work together to offer better value. Ensure relevant information and experiences are shared to affect and improve policies and ways of working.
- Can recommend actions to improve processes to achieve value for money and efficiency. Being careful with resource and challenge others where you see wastage.
- To promote a positive and collaborative team work environment, display role model behaviors and support those more junior to you.
- To discuss with junior members their learning and development requirements and highlighting their development needs to shift leads.
- To assist with the training and development of more junior members of staff, demonstrating procedures, faults, techniques and helping guide their understanding of our equipment and its upkeep.
- To build and maintain a strong working relationship with partnering BrewDog departments outside Production and external supporting companies.
- To be a self-starter, take ownership for your own learning and development, identify your own skills, knowledge and any training gaps to inform your own development plan which can be discussed with your line manager.
- To be open-minded to try new methods suggested or technologies to support the priorities of the team.
- To be careful with resource and challenge others where you see wastage.
- To recognise and plan the time to develop and personally improve both in the completion of day to day tasks and to create opportunities for advancement.
- To receive feedback and act constructively to make changes as appropriate.
- To seek help when needed and actively get to know other team members; looking to understand their roles and perspectives to better contribute to the success of the whole team.
- Time-served apprenticeship in an engineering discipline engineer or equivalent.
- 3-5 years spent working in an FMCG maintenance role post apprenticeship