The Walmart International Director's role is to support and drive sales and profit performance across all 14 Walmart International markets, by building capabilities and leading the global JBP process and key global initiatives with the Walmart International Business Collaboration & Merchandising Team in Bentonville and Diageo's International commercial teams. The team consists of the Walmart International Director, and two shared resources: Global Director of Supply Chain and Sales Analytics Manger. The team manages the development and execution of the Global Walmart Joint Business Plan and reports on its progress to Diageo and Walmart stakeholders. This position reports into the VP of National Account Sales - Global Walmart and Drug Channel.
KEY OUTPUTS AND DELIVERABLES:
Lead the development and execution of the Global Walmart Joint Business Plans and delivering against its KPIs. JBP plan to be comprehensive and multi-functional in nature (Sales, Marketing / Category, Supply Chain, and Innovation).
Lead key global focus areas & initiatives:
- Improving the shopping experience (RRP, anti-theft, regional platforms)
- e-commerce development
- Channel differentiation strategy (retail, club, discount store)
- Global product offerings, programs, and events
Diageo Regional/International representation in local market T2T meetings.
Work with Walmart teams to ensure global / regional / local alignment behind corporate category strategies.
Support the development and execution of annual global sales meetings to discuss strategic direction, business development needs, growth opportunities and best practices.
Lead the development of content and discussion during key meetings with the Walmart International Team in Bentonville.
Lead the BPM process across all Diageo local market teams on a monthly basis to discuss performance versus plans and progress against key focus initiatives.
Work cross functionally across the key departments on an ongoing basis within Diageo Sales, Marketing / Category, Sustainability, Supply Chain, Financial and Innovation to ensure strategic alignment and the ability to leverage full value of the organization.
Position is based in Bentonville, Arkansas.
Internally: Regional Commercial & Sales Directors, local Sales Managers, local Walmart team leads, Key Account Managers, Supply Managers, Sustainability, Shopper Marketing Heads, Category Managers, and Innovation Managers.
Externally: Walmart International Sr. Director, Global Program Director, eCommerce Director, Asset Protection and JBP Process Managers.
Full accountability for team's T&E.
- No direct reports
- 10+ years of experience in beverage alcohol industry and/or CPG environment at senior levels
- Strong knowledge of business planning process required
- Experience managing Walmart or other key global customers preferred
- Knowledge of both 2-tier and 3-tier systems and distributor ways of working preferred
- Ideal candidate will have cross functional experience across sales, marketing or consulting
- Must have successful and highly proven leadership skills to manage complex situations
- Analytical, process improvement, and financial acumen a must have
- Demonstrated strong people development experience
- Ability to collaborative and lead with limited direct authority within a matrixed organization
- High curiosity to learn and improve business process with a mind toward simplification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.