- Ensuring Zero Harm
- Packaging Operations - Maximizing delivery, through application of Supply Excellence tools and techniques; MMS practices
- Quality - Adherence to & exceeding global finished product standards
- Delivery of production schedule week on week
- Asset care delivery to ensure highest levels of maintenance of plant
- Deliver or exceed budget targets & tracking with focused KPI delivery,
- Labor contract and regulatory requirements.
Purpose of Role:
- A key leader in attaining our ambition of being the best FMCG Supply chain in the world
- Responsible for safe execution of the production plan to required standard of quality delivery.
- Responsible for creating & evolving the optimum Performance Culture, fully leveraging Supply Excellence tools. Rollout of and strict adherence to the MMS system.
- Responsible for continuously improving all aspects of performance, maximizing efficiencies in cost base & especially labor & wastage
- Major contributor to development & execution of site strategy
- Lead & develop a team of 4-10 Band 5 team leaders, and 150 hourly associates, maximizing their engagement & productivity.
- Work is close & effective partnership with other Operations Manager(s) to drive consistent best practice
- Responsible for all of those, on specified crew assignment
- Safety = Zero Harm. Own & maintain safety improvement plans. Leverage the SIRC process maximizing safety mitigation and ensuring ZER harm
- Quality <2K ppm defects. Create a quality revolution, seeing quality as delivering commercial advantage. Intervene, escalate and gain resolution on behalf of the consumer.
- Schedule adherence in operations and maintenance (> 94% ATP and >90% PPM compliance). Ensure highest standard of reliable delivery building Diageo's reputation as a great partner and enabling optimal in market inventory
- OEE >70%. Maximize labor efficiencies by aggressively driving up operational effectiveness.
- Super engaged > 50%. Believe wholeheartedly that super employee engagement enables all the above. Always seek out creative ways to engage with your most valuable asset.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and follow general housekeeping guidelines and rules for Food Safety Regulations. Keep area updated with 5S.
- Capability development of his/her team leaders. Heavy coaching and visible leadership is required in this area.
- Implements Man-Ex best practice process enhancements to improve processes related to package and flavor changeover efficiency.
- Utilizes Man-Ex concepts to maximize asset utilization and plant performance through use of visual management tools.
- Based on Man-Ex concepts, develops action driven work streams through use of TRACC system to further overall practice maturity levels to achieve world class standards
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BA/BS in Management, or Engineering, five plus years of experience in high speed bottling plant;
- Proven track record of leading a team of Managers
- Strong analytical and budgeting skills
- Excellent organization skills. Ability to handle multiple priorities, prioritize effectively, and manage time.
- Thorough working knowledge and demonstrated expertise in all areas of high speed bottling activities, including machine operations, machine changeovers, start-up, shut-down, package quality, OSHA standards, and BATF compliance.
- LEAN, Six Sigma TPM, TRACC, and/or Manufacturing Excellence experience