Online Consumer Insights Manager - Digital Commerce:
Online continues to accelerate, growing ten times faster than traditional channels. Over 80% of all purchasing decisions are influenced by digital today. By 2020, 10% of Spirits and Beer sales will be online in the European market.
Online Consumer Insights Manager - Digital Commerce: What does it do?
The Online Consumer Insights Manager, will drive sharp actionable insight and forward thinking and apply it in the development of the Digital Commerce strategy and Shopper marketing plans to drive growth, ensuring it is rooted on consumer and shopper journey, market, category and point of purchase insight, for both consumer and trade shopper.
This role will:
- Drive Category Strategy implementation, defining and taking ownership of digital Commerce specific role and deployment strategy
- Accelerate the company digital transformation by driving digital capability across Diageo Europe, feeding shopper / customer / category / trends insights (coming from Europe but as well other key leading markets such China, Japan, US, America) that lead to growing opportunities in the Digital Commerce space, as well as providing a clear point of view on how Diageo should use digital to drive the business forward.
- Accelerate Digital Commerce Physical Availability across the entire path to purchase based on top class shopper insights, ensuring all our marketing programs include and leverage principles to win in Digital Commerce across the entire path to purchase and use digital to influence shopper decision making across all channels in an omnichannel way
- Drive the shift to a productivity focused team by delivering brilliant execution standards, ensuring Digital Commerce activations are built around market, shopper and competitor insights and based on execution standards, driving effectiveness and efficiency. Leverage existing insight tools and identify any gaps / opportunities to capture digital commerce market performance
- Develop and Drive (in partnership with the Head of Shopper Planning) annual learning plans for the Digital Commerce channel which build value-added relationships with key customers, along with sales.
Online Consumer Insights Manager - Digital Commerce: Who are you?
You're passionate about making consumer and customer connections; Understanding how to influence purchase choice digitally excites you. A unique ability to think differently, pooling the big picture and small details all together clearly to build lasting relationships - both consumer and customer.
- A proven track record in research / planning roles with a significant focus on Category, Retail, Shopper or Customer
- Experience within Digital Commerce / omnichannel experience is ideal
- A passion for digital with an insatiable curiosity for understanding consumers and shoppers and the world they exist in with evidence in applying this to drive brand and business growth
- A seep understanding of market, digital and consumer trends, with the ability to bring the future to today's world and roadmap actions to make it happen (within a commercial context)
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, along with an innovative mindset to find newer and better ways of getting consumer and shopper input
- A great ability to story tell and are a confident presenter, able to transform data into compelling and engaging stories to deliver breakthrough across the organisation
An individual who has the ability to influence across senior levels in the Marketing and Commercial Communities and create alignment within cross-functional teams