World Class Execution and Finals Manager - Who are we?
We have the number one Luxury Portfolio in the world and our Reserve business is one of the fastest growing Luxury Brands in the world; our ambition is to be in the Top 15 Luxury Brands within 3 years. Do you want to be part of this journey?
Reserve is the part of our business that is focused on our super-premium and ultra-premium portfolio. An essential part of our ambition to achieve this is our desire to lead a strong Trade Advocacy agenda. We aim to "Win the hearts and minds of the bar Industry (aspiring bartenders and wait staff, top end bartenders and bar owners) and position Diageo as a true business partner for success in the Industry".
World Class Execution and Finals Manager - World Class, what is it?
World Class is the world's biggest and most respected bartending competition, and now also an award winning marketing platform, designed to represent and grow the Diageo Reserve brands luxury portfolio of brands. Lin 2009 World Class has been instrumental in transforming fine drinking and cocktail culture around the world. Now running in nearly 60 countries, with over 250,000 bartenders trained, extensive digital content for customer and consumer engagement, an Instagram community exceeding 118k people, and a Facebook community in excess of 329,000 fans. WORLD CLASS is growing the category of better drinking experiences.
It brings together the best bartenders from around to world to compete in a global final every year to decide who will be crowned the world's best bartender. The finals event is attended by many VIPs including global media and key Diageo business partners.
World Class Execution and Finals Manager - The role:
We are looking for a passionate and effective event creator and executor, who can navigate both the management of highly creative and independent external agencies and internal stakeholder management within a corporate entity to deliver the biggest & best industry event on the globe. Drink industry and influencer understanding an advantage, luxury event execution experience essential. As a key member of the World Class team you will be focussed on delivering exceptional World Class/Reserve portfolio events (Competition & Cocktail Weeks) both in-region, in-market and at the Global Finals.
You will work alongside local Diageo market teams, Reserve brand teams as well as our global agencies to execute best in class events, integrating the physical experience with online and broadcast engagement.
This will look like:
- Detailed project planning with World Class leadership team, local market teams and agency partners
- Managing clear lines of communication with regular all-hands meetings, project status calls and progress reporting
- Prepare and own a comprehensive project schedule and milestone plan, pulling in critical paths and deliverables from all interested parties involved in the projects
- Attend site or market visits; provide first line advice and direction to agency parties on key deliverables incl. but not limited to creative concepts, event plans, entertainment proposals, logistics and operations, etc.
- Connect the physical event planning with social, digital and broadcast objectives by working closely
World Class Execution and Finals Manager - Who are you?
You will have:
- Extensive relevant experience in a functional event management role in FMCG, agency or similar
- A passion for luxury goods marketing and understanding of event / experience marketing principles in this area
- Meticulous planner and attention to detail; an ability to think several steps ahead and plan for success
- A proven track record in delivering events with strong M&E
- An ability to think fast and strategically - turning strategy and collaboration into action and innovation
Does this sound like you, or someone you know? If so, we look forward to hearing from you