The role exists to provide analysis, support and commercial insight to the VP of National Accounts - Grocery, Kroger Team - Director, National Account Managers, Category Development, Shopper Marketing and state teams where Kroger sells spirits ensuring seamless coordination, communication and exchange of information between the sales, state teams, marketing and finance functions as well as our distributors and the Kroger customer.
Purpose of Role:
- A key person that links the functional departments (Sales, Category Development, Sales Analytics, Shopper Marketing, Finance, Customer Marketing - Commercial Planning and Activation, State Teams and our distributors where Kroger sells spirits) to standardize process, planning, analysis, best practices, and facilitating risk and opportunity discussions.
- Consults with VP of Sales, Kroger Team and Finance Team and has impact on Sales ranging by monitoring, tracking, analyzing, and troubleshooting on sales activity for the Kroger Team.
- Complexity is high (territory/account, products/services, sales or account management process) as stakeholders are across functions, several states/divisions and include 3rd parties.
- Anticipates & identifies opportunities or issues that potentially could add value or prevent the business from meeting/exceeding or under delivering against sales objectives.
- To strategize, develop, analyze, and review with key stakeholders; package and communicate overall sales performance to VP of Sales - Grocery, Kroger Team and State leadership.
- To facilitate business growth within the Kroger Team by assisting VP of Sales - Grocery, Director of Sales, National Account Managers, Cross-Functional Partners, Field Sales Team and our Distributors by investigating business opportunities and/or troubleshooting where Kroger sells spirits nationally and with the Kroger customer.
- Manage Forecasting, Objective setting and communication for quarterly submissions and management.
- Provide monthly depletion sales performance commentary and insight for sales for inclusion in monthly BPM presentations to sales leadership.
- To standardize and streamline business practices, tools, resources, and communications within the Kroger Team and Field Sales Team; lead projects to improve top line sales.
- To mentor new hires on the Kroger Team; to develop, deliver, and maintain process to ensure continued induction or recruits into Diageo and the Kroger Team.
- To review, validate, and link functional information and disseminate to the Division Field Sales Teams.
- To complete required customer project work including: new items and promotions submissions, help build customer presentations
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- College degree or equivalent work experience required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years commercial analytics required, preferably in Alcoholic Beverages, Consumer Packaged Goods or Beverage Category.
- Proven selling experience, including thorough understanding of retail and distributor dynamics.
- Analysis of market and competitive data and application of insights to drive sales.
- Proven success building relationships with customers to successfully influence and negotiate in complex situations.
- Self-starting problem solver.
- Strong data analytics skills required; strong Excel and Microstrategy skills preferred.
- Good communication skills - ability to articulate point of view across levels and functions.
- Comfortable with constructive challenge and build process with leadership.
- Resourceful and proactive - can take the initiative to be the Kroger Team project lead when possible.
- High standards of accuracy.
- Enjoy making sense of grey areas.
To all recruitment agencies: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.