The Brand Technical Center is a part of DNA Supply and consists of a team of 140+ technical experts, located at our world class facility in Plainfield,IL
- Innovation & Brand Change is responsible for launching over 200 projects annually, led by the North American Spirits portfolio. They lead projects through a stage gate commercialization process in both foreign & domestic markets and are responsible for developing business plans for product launches, designing liquid and packaging solutions, and ensuring commercial viability throughout the supply chain.
- Governance focuses on Environment, Health & Safety, Quality, Regulatory and Data by establishing best practices and standards, building capabilities, providing technical support and assuring compliance within the organization.
- Science &Technology consists of Distillation & Blending Quality, Manufacturing Technology Development, and Research Science. S&T is a diverse group with vast technical expertise in such areas as engineering, brewing/distilling, chemistry, and microbiology. Their focus is to deliver revolutionary liquids, materials, and manufacturing technologies and define global technical standards to strengthen our esteemed brands.
As part of the end-to-end supply chain, NA Supply has an extensive network of wholly owned and Third-Party Operation sites across the US and Canada. In North America, Diageo owns and operates a network of manufacturing, bottling, distilling and warehousing sites, wineries and vineyards. NA Technical is an organization of 140+ people with a $23M budget, operating across several locations within the US and Canada. From these locations NA Technical manages the Technical Equity for Diageo NA Supply and Demand across the Diageo portfolio.
Purpose of Role:
- Ensure our suppliers are capable of delivering to the high standards Diageo holds them accountable to. This is achieved by:
- Ensuring our suppliers have the tools and processes to maintain compliance to Diageo standards.
- Working with suppliers to understand root cause and corrective action of any potential issues.
Leadership Capabilities Desired:
- Ability to work closely with suppliers and conversion sites to build relationships, ensure compliance and transfer knowledge.
- Create an open, continuous improvement culture
- Create a supportive and challenging team climate, understanding how to get the best from others.
- Has sound understanding of own impact and modifies accordingly, working hard to understand what is important to others and the larger business.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, ability to gain buy-in and lead compliance culture.
- Update, maintain and train suppliers on Diageo standards, ensuring understanding and ownership at the supplier level
- Work with the NA quality team to continue to sustain and continuously improve the sites Quality management system (ISO / FSSC22000 / GRMS Framework)
- Fully embed and sustain benefits of cloud based tool used to assure supplier adherence to Diageo and industry food safety / compliance requirements.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum: Bachelor degree in a Technical / Science discipline (Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, etc) or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years' experience in governance type role including interpretation of regulations and policies, auditing and action planning.
- Proven understanding of manufacturing environments and their associated complexities.
- Proficient at procedure writing.
- Advanced experience with excel and other Microsoft office tools.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.