DIAGEO is the world's leading premium Drinks Company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry. We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Tanqueray and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community
With more than 50% of alcohol consumption occasions being enjoyed with food but with wine being the default and only 1/3 being a spirit we have a big opportunity to go after! Consumers are looking for drinks that enhance their dining experience and spirits can be just that for the pre- or post-meal order. Think about a perfectly served Tanqueray & tonic as an aperitif or a Baileys over ice as a digestif to round off the meal. Adding a drink pre- and post-meal enhances the occasion for the consumer from start to finish as well as it brings a revenue opportunity for the outlet as well as for DIAGEO.
About the role
This is an exciting, newly created role aimed at going after opportunities in premium food outlets in the big cities.
The role sits within the newly formed DIAGEO Northern Europe cluster (Benelux and Nordics) and will report to the on trade field sales manager.
Key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Lead our "with food" activation programme in key European influencer cities.
- Educating outlets on the opportunities of spirits pre- and post-meal including profit potential, how to teach their staff to inspire their consumers and to serve the perfect serve again and again.
- Help identify key "influencer" food outlets and build strong partnerships through relationships with all key stakeholders in outlet e.g. owner, manager, bartender, chef etc.
- Work with outlets to brilliantly execute our in outlet "with food" growth drivers in line with "Food" segmented Execution Standards and within available budget.
- Influence the whole path to purchase through working with digital commerce team, partner with and guide outlets to improve their digital / social media foot print. Execute activities that drive consideration and consumption of spirits in food occasions along the full consumer path to purchase.
- Gather feedback and evaluation on performance of growth drivers and propositions, form part of the Europe "Food" execution team and provide insight and input to help optimize our tools and plans going forward.
- Share challenges and best practice with peer "Food" sales representatives to help overcome issues and maximize opportunity.
Key requirements / experience
- Proven in building multi-point relationships with outlets and delivering brilliant execution of our priority Execution Standards.
- Knowledgeable, credible, consultative and highly commercial approach, strong On Trade experience.
- Experience in and strong understanding of how to improve digital / social media footprint of outlets.
- Operational On Trade experience, ideally in food led outlets is an advantage.
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced organisation.
- Solution oriented thinker and an excellent communicator - both verbal and written.