Closing Date: 24th June 2018
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Arthur Guinness, Alexander Walker and all those many talented people that followed in their footsteps, cared deeply about the people and businesses they fostered, and the communities in which they operated. Today we stand on the shoulders of these giants and act with the same entrepreneurial spirit.
We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
Set with a production hall consisting of 7 high speed Bottling and Packaging lines, our Shieldhall spirit production facility has an annual output of approximately 27 million cases per year and is pivotal to Diageo's operations.
We are looking for an Operator to join our Friday and weekend rotation who will work within a team who run and manage a range of bottling machinery throughout the bottling process. This individuals duties will include:
- Operating complex machinery in a Bottling / Packaging environment whilst working to high Health and Safety standards.
- Tasks include the operation of labelling, filling and packaging machines, collecting and inputting data into SAP on a daily basis among others
- Excellent cross shift co-operation and communication is essential.
- Ability to carry out quality and production checks and completion of all relevant documentation.
- Following and implementing High Hygiene standards
- Working with a range of specialists within the production team including engineers, electricians and others to ensure the line is being run effectively throughout the process.
- Excellent attention to details
- A pro-active approach and comfort in working with a range of other stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in a team-based environment
- Ideally, proven experience of working in a production environment, experience of bottling would be a real bonus.
- A desire to learn and a can-do attitude
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment.
By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.
HAPPY TO TALK FLEXIBLE WORKING