Are you an ambitious individual who would love the opportunity to run your own business one day?
Are you someone who wants to grow and develop in a company that actively supports this?
Do you have experience working in hospitality or retail and are passionate about customer service?
Do you want to play a key part in motivating and developing a high performing team?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are seeking to recruit a vibrant, effective and committed Assistant Manager for our very successful Exeter store. Our people are our greatest asset, they deliver exceptional service and that's why our customers keep coming back. We want Majestic Wine to be the place people think about when they want to buy wine.
Therefore, we are looking for a real people person who who takes pride in engaging, motivating and developing a high performing team who see the value in doing their best so together, the whole team succeeds. So if you want to learn how to run your store as if it is your own business, come and find out more....
Who are Majestic?
Majestic Wines are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, CEO Rowan Gormley has set the wheels in motion to transform the business into a new kind of retailer - a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
What we are looking for?
Ideally you'll already be an experienced sales / management professional who:
- Is committed to achieving operational excellence
- Have a passion about engaging with customers and delivering a 5* customer experience
- Makes things happen, when a problem needs fixing, you fix it. When something needs doing, you take ownership
- Have a real enthusiasm for retail and excited about developing a career in retail
- Has lots of energy and determination to put in the work to ensure the store's success
- Have a positive can do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
- Have a desire to learn more about wine and get our customers excited by our brilliant products
- Be over 20 years old and hold a valid driving license for at least 12 months
Why work for Majestic?
'Enjoyment comes from autonomy' - Josh Lincoln, Retail & Managing Director
We pride ourselves on facilitating a work environment where you enjoy what you do but also importantly, being able to develop and grow your career. You bring the commitment, we'll fill in the blanks in your wine knowledge, and with the right training and development, in 12 months you could be running your very own Majestic Wine business.
- Free WSET Qualifications - All our staff receive free product training. So you don't have to have product knowledge, but definitely a hunger to learn all about wine!
- First Rate Training / Development - "Wine Lover to Business Partner" gives you an opportunity to receive training which will take you from a trainee manager to a business partner - where you get to run a store as if it's your own business
- A Dynamic Culture - You'll have the chance to work in an exciting, busy environment with a culture that genuinely rewards hard work
- Corking Colleagues - Work within a team who are passionate about wine, providing excellent customer service and most importantly fun to be around!
The nice added extras...
- An attractive starting salary of £23,310 + bonuses
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends.
- Store bonus schemes, so you can earn more on top of your salary.
- The potential to become a Majestic Business Partner, earning a salary of up to £50,000 OTE.
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business.
- A contributory company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- PLUS invites to wine tasting events
- PLUS free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
- Working as the right hand person to the Store Manager
- Managing the training & development of your team - using your experience to make Trainee Managers / Sales Assistants be the best they can be and keeping them on top of their game
- Stock Control - ensuring the shelves are fully stocked with the best wine for your customers
- Visual Merchandising - keeping the store looking great and attractive to customers
- Customer Service - delivering and facilitating a 5* customer service experience
- Leading from the front - using great coaching and management skills to develop your team
- Be a Wine Specialist - help our customers discover and buy wines they'll absolutely love
If you are passionate about growing and developing in a successful business who genuinely care about their people... please do apply today!