Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
Do you deliver brilliant execution and are outcome-oriented? Do you have the ability to effectively lead and influence a wide range of people, at all levels of the organisation? Do you demonstrate deep personal accountability for great performance, moving effectively between strategy and operational detail, staying focussed on commercial priorities and critical agenda?
If your answer is yes to all of these questions, then upload your details and join our talent pool for upcoming roles with us here at Diageo!
Our Business Development team aims to originate and execute acquisition, sale, joint venture, and large route to market transactions in accordance with Group strategic priorities.
Business Development is organised as central team based in Park Royal, London with the ability to facilitate an effective partnership with local business teams.
- Lead or direct and advise on business development projects, including acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and strategic partnerships, distribution agreements and equity transactions involving third parties
- Participate in and manage transaction from origination to completion including post completion obligations and commitments
- Manage and co-ordinate acquisitions including valuation, transaction structuring and due diligence together with strict adherence to Diageo code of conduct requirements
- Drive consistent, rigorous evaluation processes into the Business to build capabilities
- Support on large complex transactions
- Prepare valuation and business models to support BD projects
- Support the preparation of briefing materials to the Exec and other stakeholders
- Be a great business partner - develop relationships with Regional Presidents, GM's, FD's and other Diageo colleagues, leading to implementing changes and driving business results
Essential qualifications / experience required i.e. language, technical qualifications etc
- Degree level with strong academic record
- Qualified accountant and/or MBA or other post graduate qualification
- Desirable to have Business Development experience within industry, banking OR consultancy environment
- Leverages analytical tools with commercial and financial knowledge to drive decisions
- Excellent project management skills working with cross-functional teams and demonstrable experience of establishing credibility, influencing and working at senior management levels
Apply now to join our Talent Pool, this is an ideal entry point if you are looking to make the move in-house!