Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
We are looking for a Category Specialist to join our Global Procurement team.
This role can be based in either Scotland or Madrid
Diageo Global Procurement is accountable for the Procurement of Supply, Demand and Indirect categories. The vision of the Procurement function is to "Boldly drive improved operating margin and competitive advantage by leading cost consciousness and best in class procurement through a high performing organisation. We will enable Brand growth and best COGs by leveraging supplier's capabilities and external innovation." This includes delivery of significant savings, great supplier management, taking category strategy planning to the next level, enabling required shifts in approach to maximise the effectiveness of suppliers, and harnessing the full spectrum of opportunities.
As Category Specialist you will be involved in:
- Deliver financial and non-financial targets
- Deploy European/Global category strategies
- Deliver total category program through great execution under his/her area of responsibility
- Deliver excellence benefits through sourcing, demand management, supplier relationship management, supplier development and supplier innovation.
- Deploy demand management techniques in order to avoid wastage and pursue best in class spend practices to assist Diageo's Productivity Team & Initiative
- Lead and implement ongoing supplier performance through the setting of rigorous performance KPI's and SLA's and through the application of a robust supplier review mechanism.
- Key interface with stakeholders ensuring full engagement
- Promote the highest standards of compliance consistency
- Manage PO Approvals and the Source to Pay Agenda for the categories
- Operate as the main point of contact for the Tactical Procurement Team to ensure alignment with executing category strategy
Qualifications and Experience needed to be a success:
- Degree educated or equivalent relevant work experience
- Fluent in English. Fluent in other European language is a benefit.
- Procurement and or Business experience in key skills including, negotiations, forecasting and benchmarking.
- Strong analytical skills including data interpretation to enable development and implementation of category strategies
- Ability to identify opportunities, identify and balance risks and benefits and take action to deliver the most beneficial outcome for the business
- Forensic understanding of the cost drivers to target and influence costs through end-to-end value
- Ability to identify and problem solve independently
- Commercial acumen, understanding of the business and judgment
- Ability to work in an agile, fast moving environment and ability to keep up with pace of change and prioritize according to business needs.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with stakeholders
- Objectively challenge established practice to stimulate alternative thinking