Closing date: 8th July 2018
Diageo's Performance Ambition calls for us to create the best performing most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world; this requires us to guarantee our plans with the right people and capabilities. Talent Engagement is the global function that attracts, assesses and selects external and internal talent that is the best for Diageo to help deliver our performance ambition.
Talent Engagement's ambition is to be world class recruiting function focused on engaging, attracting and hiring the very best and most diverse talent.
From the candidate perspective the role of Talent Engagement is to bring our employer brand and employee value proposition to life by expressing our purpose, values and ambitions by connecting talent with what makes our culture special. An excellent candidate experience is pivotal and we believe that by engaging with talent in a positive way, irrespective of the outcome, we can drive advocacy for our business creating highly engaged pipelines of talent. Globally, we hire in excess of 4,000 external hires every year, which means there are thousands of opportunities for candidates to experience Diageo and our brands and talk about them positively helping to sell, or help to sell.
Our Senior Talent Sourcers play a pivotal role in securing the very best mid-career talent at pace by working with the our Global Sourcing Lead and markets to ensure that Talent Engagement are able to successfully deliver a world class service to deliver our Talent and Performance Ambitions.
Responsible for developing and maintaining robust and diverse candidate pipelines across Diageo. Our global sourcing team operates virtually to ensure our organisation has high quality candidates for our key and critical roles aligned with our people plans.
This inclusive role must be able to manage multiple projects and searches at the same time, whilst looking for synergy and opportunities:
- A subject matter expert in one or more key business discipline(s) the Talent Sourcer will leverage this knowledge and combine with market needs and challenges to build sourcing solutions
- Support the Global Sourcing Lead through building a virtual "one team" operating culture
- Engage and help to shape process and technology to provide a world class sourcing function
- Supports the build of the Global Diageo Employer Brand and EVP in conjunction with the Employer Brand team
- Deep personal accountability for performance with minimal direction from the Global Sourcing Lead - takes ownership of the area of expertise drives the greatest impact possible
- Highly tuned external & internal radar - understanding of best practice in resourcing and development of appropriate network
Qualifications and experience
- Resourcing expert demonstrated through an appropriate accreditation -LinkedIn Certified Professional Recruiter, Institute of Recruiters etc.
- Understands the latest sourcing tools beyond LinkedIn, Boolean and x-ray searching; a commercial mind-set - loves to source and hunt talents
- Multi market talent acquisition experience essential, preferably including exposure to developing markets
- Deep understanding of the HR components/hiring process and current talent acquisition/market trends, coupled with a strong external radar and awareness of external best practice
- Versed in the power of employer branding and how to use this advantageously within talent attraction and engagement
- Ability to engage with the wider Talent Engagement team and turn market intelligence into insight that helps inform new programmes and approaches
- Exceptional consultative skills and be able to influence action and change with stakeholders; ability to listen but also persuasively convey recommendations
- Ability to work in confidential situations, gaining trust and respect from candidates and hiring stakeholders