Responsible for driving all Shared (entire state) and Dedicated Heartland distributor teams in IL to deliver performance goals for spirits in Illinois. Key responsibilities include building volume and programming plans, driving execution, managing budgets, aligning performance targets to deliver division prioirites, limited local and regional Heartland based customer calls, working with trade development to create channel/division specific programming (such as small sizes, c-store teams, on-premise innovation programming), monitoring teams to achieve distribution, share, and execution targets. Will manage State wide initiatives as assigned including but not limited to National menu survey, PODs programming and Blitz activities.
This role will have a critical part in maintaining and delivering efficient ways of working, processes and tools in the Illinois market to drive increased share, brand performance and execution. Will develop best practice communication for non-dedicated teams and ensure top of mind priority amongst shared distributor team covers the full catalogue of suppliers at Breakthru.
Role is perfect for individual that is an entrepreneurial, self-starter and someone interested in gaining experience in a field facing role. Successful candidates will be detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects on time and able to quickly build strong relationships amid complex market dynamics.
- Responsible for over 500K cases of spirits sales annually.
- High complexity of role - responsible for coordination with local distributor shared teams and Heartland dedicated team, trade development and Diageo distributor sales leadership.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to drive programming, hold accountability and measure program success. Must be able to show understanding of business dynamics, financials, willingness to learn market environment, and ability to identify needs in primary channels of business.
- Has high level of authority/opportunity to set strategy against Division priorities amongst these teams and drive performance
- Plans channel approach and manages resources against Division priorities and Big Bets.
- Responsible for driving and leading cross functional team - Distributor Shared Team Director, Distributor Shared Sales Managers, Distributor Heartland Director, Sales Execution via Sales Reps and some interaction with Diageo National Accounts teams (for Heartland based accounts, C-store and Drug)
- Manages and collaborates with Trade development team to drive accountability and execution.
Lead Diageo brand performance in key business channels - Heartland and Shared teams.
- Be a driving force amongst Shared teams to achieve Diageo performance and execution targets
- Be a collaborative partner with Heartland dedicated team to ensure resources are allocated proportionally, and drive execution and accountability
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.