*This is a talent pool posting, not an actual job opening. Please apply if you'd like to be considered for future opportunities.*
Context / Scope:
- The North American Innovation and Brand Change team is responsible for the end-to-end cross functional oversight and delivery of Innovation, Brand Change and Supply Optimization programs from Gate 1 to Launch.
- This is a one year, contract role supporting the North American Innovation and Brand Change team.
- Delivering programs on time, in full, and on budget while hitting COGs targets and maintaining quality is paramount.
- Sitting within the North American Technical organization, the Innovation and Brand Change Commercialization team acts as a business partner to the rest of NA Supply, Innovation (Technical and Marketing), Commercial and Brand Marketing.
- This role will be responsible for working as part of the team to deliver technical specifications for component packaging.
- They will develop technical specifications, execute specification workflows for approval, prepare and issue specifications to vendors.
- They will also complete packaging Testing Plans to support the Innovation & Brand Change project pipelines.
- Packaging Lab activities will take place in the Plainfield Packaging Laboratory.
- As part of the end-to-end supply chain, NA Supply has an extensive network of wholly owned and Third-Party Operation sites across the US and Canada.
- In North America, Diageo owns and operates a network of manufacturing, bottling, distilling and warehousing sites, wineries and vineyards.
- NA Technical is an organization of 120+ people with a $23M budget, operating across several locations within the US and Canada.
- From these locations NA Technical manages the Technical Equity for Diageo NA Supply and Demand across the Diageo portfolio.
- Develop technical specifications for packaging components. ( shippers, dividers, labels, closures, glass & PET containers, and other components)
- Manage specification workflows and issuance to vendors
3. Interface with project managers and cross functional team members to ensure specification accuracy
4. Execute Testing Plans specific to project details, including the completion of a Testing Report
5. Conduct the technical development/due diligence of packaging components, inclusive of creation/routing/approval of any/all package specifications.
6. Complete testing to ensure functional acceptability, assure regulatory and product compatibility compliance and life cycle robustness of new package components.
7. Consistently demonstrates pride and commitment to Diageo, behaves authentically, focuses on finding solutions, and develops trusting relationships across the organization.
- Requires a BS in Package Engineering or related Technical Field, with demonstrated knowledge of product commercialization.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, working with others in a team setting, communicating directly with Stake Holders and Vendor contacts and working on multiple projects at the same time
- Packaging Materials knowledge (shippers, dividers, labels, closures, glass and PET containers)
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Exel, PowerPoint, etc.), Adobe Acrobat software (PDF bundling)
- TOPS or CAPE software knowledge
- SAP and specification development knowledge is a plus
To all recruitment agencies: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.