*Please note that this role is a maternity cover for 6 months
At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people. We are proud to lead the future of some of the world's most famous and admired brands. Brands built by entrepreneurs and philanthropists; true visionaries whose values we must honour and sustain. We stand on the shoulders of these giants.
Our purpose as an HR function is to be an agile, connected, accountable performance partner for the business by focusing on the areas where we will make the greatest difference to performance. That requires us to fully optimise our business, through trusted partnerships which drive productivity across our organisation. Our HRBP's sit right at the heart of driving this growth focussing on three distinctive areas to add real value to the business...Organisation Effectiveness, Talent and Performance Enablement.
This HRBP role partners with senior stakeholder and leadership teams across multiple geographies. It is critical that the incumbent can navigate a matrix organisation, build strong relationships and influence within all levels of the business. It works effectively within the function partnering other HRBP/HRDS across Europe, First Point and Global Centres of Expertise.
This role reports into the HRD Europe and plays an active role within the Europe HR team, engaging on the broader agenda and contributing to Europe HR outcomes.
- Partner functions to deliver the Organisation Effectiveness agenda translating the business strategy and pulling the levers of capability, process, WOW, structure, culture, behaviours, leadership, talent to deliver outcomes
- Develop integrated talent & capability plan using internal and external analysis to ensure we have the right talent to deliver the ambitions of the organisation
- Partner with leaders to build high performing leadership teams, line managers and to create an environment which is clear on performance management
- Lead transformational initiatives to drive cultural change and greater engagement
- Create an organisation that continues to look for simplification and standardisation opportunities in order to deliver the agility required
- Make a stand for the inclusion and diversity agenda and design and deliver interventions at all levels to make this real
- Work with Global Reward to ensure clear, simple reward and benefit frameworks
Qualifications and experience
- Ability to use HR data and analytics to diagnose trends and link to business performance outcomes
- Deep understanding of design principles and how they influence organisational design, use relevant benchmarking and can influence the stakeholders to choose a design which is both effective and efficient
- Can diagnose OE capability gaps and translate into the OE levers - learning, culture, process, ways of working and behaviours
- Understand what drives value for the business area you support, and puts effective interventions in place to enable this
- Strong change and project management skills
- Experience of driving culture and engagement strategies
- Deep commercial understanding a strong internal and external radar to understand what will impact the business now and in the future
- Strong talent management experience and great talent judgement - ability to assess talent gaps, and orchestrate the actions needed to strengthen the talent bench
- Experience in working successfully with stakeholders at the most senior level - black-belt coach- influencing, supporting and challenging
By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.