BREWDOG ARE ON THE HUNT FOR A SENIOR MAINTENANCE ENGINEER TO JOIN THE BREWDOG TEAM.
As a Senior Maintenance Engineer you are a supervisor in the Maintenance and Engineering team. Responsible for the management and leadership in your department with the view to ensure safe and ongoing maintenance of the production machinery. You are required to understand the Engineering and Maintenance department and furthermore how production works and interacts in depth so you can lead by and to mentor your team and others you are on shift with. Your focus must be to support the Production to deliver our awesome products as efficiently as possible and to the highest quality.
Average working week will be 42hrs which is made up of 4x4 rotation which includes days and nights.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be accountable for being a health and safety ambassador ensuring the BrewDog health and safety standards are met both personally and amongst all members of the team. Showing a proactive attitude towards creating a safe working environment at all times.
- To oversee all maintenance/engineering activities on shift, managing all work according to the maintenance schedule and delegating tasks to more junior engineers, supporting them where required.
- Be responsible for the performance of all site equipment during the 12 hours you and your shift are on.
- To be effective and capable of managing workload independently and requesting support when required.
- To make appropriate key decision which have a direct impact on production (stop production, sacrifice product, break into pipelines, etc.) and understand the correct handover procedure when work is completed.
- To have a responsible and positive approach when tackling problems with equipment, staff or operations. We want to see you managing any issues within your scope of responsibly and reporting all relevant information to engineering and production management.
- To be capable of fast and effective troubleshooting across all equipment.
- To observe, maintain and improve processes and operations whilst remaining focused on the "bigger picture".
- Perform controlled shift handovers and ensure clear channels of communication with relevant senior BrewDog staff to guarantee the quality and efficiency of our operations.
- To manage or assist with projects as required by maintenance manager or project engineering colleagues
- To be well versed in all department SOPs, OPLs and LOTO procedures (including the requirement to write and contribute to these documents).
- To be a technical expert in an area of plant and be considered and expert in that piece of equipment
- To attend the daily production meeting and lead the Engineering department in absence of more senior staff.
- To promote a positive and collaborative team work environment, consistently displaying role model behaviours.
- Responsible for the development of your subordinates, supporting them by assisting the creation of a personal and professional development plan and discussing their needs with senior management.
- To maintain and seek to strengthen working relationships with partnering BrewDog departments and external supporting companies.
- Time-served apprenticeship in an engineering discipline engineer or equivalent.
- 5 + years' experience in a similar role.
- Strong mechanical and electrical background in engineering with experience of working in a fast moving, high pressure production environment.
- Experience with the following; conveyor systems, process instrumentation and various packaging machinery including filling, rinsing, capping, kegging and labelling machines.
- PLC fault finding experience on Siemens S7 would be very desirable.
- Experience with KHS/Krones machinery, variable frequency drives, 3 phase motors, pnuematic valves/solenoids and can seamers would be beneficial.
- Previous experience working in bottling/canning packaging line.
- Previous experience developing strategies to minimise line downtime and maximise productivity