The North American Innovation and Branch Change team is responsible for the end-to-end cross functional oversight and delivery of Innovation and Renovation from Gate 1 to Launch. Delivering programs on time, in full, and on budget while hitting COGs targets and maintaining quality is paramount. Sitting within the North American Technical organization, the Innovation and Brand Change Commercialization team is a business partner to the rest of NA Supply, Innovation, Commercial and Brand Marketing. This role will be responsible for managing the delivery of multiple programs of varying complexity at any one time.
Purpose of Role:
Provides functional (packaging and project management) leadership to support the delivery of North American Innovation projects.
Leads projects and packaging that deliver against the following KPIs:
- On time (measured by Gate 5 Material Availability Date 'MAD' commitment)
- In full (measured by line fill)
- On budget (as agreed to at Gate 5)
- Achieve COGs targets (Gate 5 costs)
- Quality (meet Diageo's Global Finished Products Standard)
Assure the development of robust and accurate package component specifications that are fit for purpose and protect Diageo's Brands and interests.
Bring creative solutions to commercialization challenges.
Provides individual oversight and delivery of low to high-complexity programs
Ensure new product development programs utilize proper Diageo methodologies (Navigate, Change Control and Technical Readiness)
- Leads delivery of programs from Gate 1 through to 90 days post-launch against KPIs.
- Provides Supply input and commercial grounding during project development phases, driving resolution of commercialization hurdles that may arise and managing regular project communications to Supply and Demand project sponsors, Technical Operations and the broader Supply community.
- Builds great relationships with stakeholders in NA Demand and throughout the Supply organization.
- Utilizes strong project management skills to develop and manage project timelines, addresses technical and resourcing challenges and ensures risk profiles and mitigation plans are developed and executed for each project.
- Conduct the technical development/due diligence of packaging components, inclusive of creation/routing/approval of any/all package specifications.
- Complete testing to ensure functional acceptability, assure regulatory and product compatibility compliance and life cycle robustness of new package components.
- Consistently demonstrates pride and commitment to Diageo, behaves authentically, focuses on finding solutions, and develops trusting relationships across the organization.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- 3+ years of Technical and Professional development experience in consumer package technology.
- Requires a BS in Package Engineering or related Technical Field, with demonstrated knowledge of product commercialization.
- Strong business acumen, communication, interpersonal, influencing and relationship-building skills.
- Experience in leading a multi-disciplined team in an extremely fast-moving environment, with the ability to lead, thrive, provide guidance and cut-through in the face of great ambiguity.
- Successful candidates will have strong technical depth and performance management skills, dynamic cross-functional interaction, and highly effective project management, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Solid theoretical knowledge of primary package design, liquid development, and manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Role requires 20 - 30% domestic and international travel.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.