Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard, number two in wines and spirits with sales of €9,010m in 2016/2017. Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin&Sprit (2008).
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Pernod Ricard UK has identified the following key priority brands in the UK market: Absolut, Jameson, Chivas, The Glenlivet, Plymouth Gin, Monkey 47, Malibu, Perrier-Jouët, Kahlúa, Beefeater, Campo Viejo, Brancott Estate, Olmeca, Havana Club, Martell, Jacob’s Creek, Lamb’s, Ballantine’s, G.H. Mumm, Graffigna and Wyborowa. Pernod Ricard UK is a member of The Portman Group promoting responsible drinking.
At Pernod Ricard UK we believe that the conversation with the customer is the key to success. With new and significant investment in our field team, our business philosophy inherited from our founder Paul Ricard of “Make a new friend every day”, truly comes to life.
Through our extensive integrated field sales capability encompassing coverage in the Multiple Grocery, Convenience Retail and On-Trade Sectors we aim to optimise our presence and visibility to achieve excellence in the execution of our branded activations.
We are searching for a bright, dynamic and driven Customer Account Executive (NAE) to develop, nurture and drive success across the Off Trade Independents and leading Buying Group members in Scotland.
Based ideally in the central belt of Scotland, successful candidates will demonstrate strong exposure to leading FMCG/drinks brands and will ideally be an NAE, Account Manager or KAM currently working in the On or Off Trade sectors. You will currently negotiate directly with buying teams, develop strong relationships and provide a strong understanding of account management and sales development.
• P&L management of a range of Regional Groups and high profile accounts, while supporting larger accounts at Head Office level.
• Achieve all yearly volume, pricing and distribution targets within the set budget gaining maximum profitability.
• Hosting events within account base that meets the needs of the customers as part of contractual obligations
• Execute marketing brand activation calendar with customers.
• Ensure SAM is maintained for account base.
• Review and Develop strategic new Business opportunities.
• Provide a support plan to the regional BDE’s for high volume and prestige customers
• Develop cross-functional relationships to drive multiple operator agenda.
• Any other reasonable additional duties that may be required from time to time.
Your personal skills will include tenacity, energy and entrepreneurialism together with a good commercial understanding of FMCG practices. Educated to degree level, candidates will also demonstrate high level of passion and energy to propel their career forward to the next level together with a true ‘spark’ to achieve exceptional results.
- Demonstrable exposure to working with leading Drinks & FMCG brands.
- A dynamic and capable approach to customer development, account management and commercial development
- Good knowledge of the On and/or Off-trade sectors in the region
- P&L management experience
- Demonstrable evidence of strong negotiation, commercial, presentation and planning skills.
- Graduate calibre
If this opportunity sounds great for you, please apply below to our Recruitment partner; Fluid Fusion Ltd.
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the UK for this opportunity. Please provide your CV (in word format) and current remuneration with your application. Fluid Fusion appreciates your taking the time to apply and closely reviews each submission but sadly cannot always respond to all applicants.