Support direct trade sales through account maintenance, brand representation, opening new accounts and acting as a delivery resource.
• Assist implementing agreed “Sales Strategy and Plan”
• Open new sales accounts (with a view to having “own” accounts)
• Help to manage existing accounts
• Assist managing overdue invoices
• Support select accounts with tastings/showcases (as directed by Head of Sales)
• Assist in keeping records of transactions, interactions and other sales activity
• Assist in ensuring accounts have trained staff (priority tier 1 POS)
• Prepare deliveries and corresponding paperwork
• Ensure swift and personable delivery to trade sales accounts
• Contribute to the achievement of overall sales targets through supporting tours, events and
markets as needed
• Ensure account satisfaction
• Be responsive to sales and event opportunities (for events reporting to Head of Events as
well as Head of Sales)
• Have good, experienced and continually growing understanding of production processes
and USPs at Toad
• Help to achieve monthly sales targets
• Act as a trusted representative (rep) of the brand’s values, process and quality
• Open up and maintain new accounts
• Maintain existing accounts
• Maintain sales records
• Manage fulfilment/delivery of trade orders
• Combine longer distance deliveries with opening new accounts in that area/vicinity
• Has knowledge and experience of the off or on-trade in the Thames Valley, ideally a former rep for spirits or beer.
• Can demonstrate a proven ability to open new accounts / sell in new products.
• Comfortable doing account maintenance via telephone or in person.
• Has experience and is comfortable training staff and conducting tastings.
• Needs to be located in the Thames Valley/ Oxfordshire.
• Needs to have a licence that enables driving a van.
• Good computer skills (particularly excel)
• Self-starter confident to work in a start-up environment.
REPORTS TO: Head of Trade Sales