*Please note that this role is a fixed term contract for 6 months
Global Travel (GT) is the fifth largest of Diageo's 21 markets in NSV. The business has recently reshaped its vision and structure to drive greater focus around delivery of ambitious F18 goals. A unique career experience, GT combines Global perspective and scope with the pace and dynamism of an in-market role: Diageo's one Global market and a clear ambition - To make Global Travel a destination for shoppers and talent and become the most profitable market in Diageo.
The Retail Development Manager role supports the Retail Development agenda for select Global Travel Hubs (Americas, Asia or Middle East Hub). The team is a core part of the Marketing organisation of Global Travel and key to achieving the team's ambition of becoming the Supplier of Choice across all of our customers and markets.
Support on implementation of GT's retail strategy in select geographical hub/s
- To lead GT's Retail Development agenda in select hub, ensuring that we are our customers' first choice and are rated the No.1 Supplier
- Apply the overarching retail development framework supplied by Central GT Marketing teams, align this across the hub and drive implementation locally. This will include working across and aligning cross-functional colleagues as needed
- Sharing with other geographical hubs (Europe/America/Asia & Middle East) best practice and sharing success around GT to ensure rapid growth of the function and measurable Diageo growth in priority channels and with key customers.
Regional implementation of Retail Strategy and standing for excellence in execution of the retail standards
- To lead on the retail transformation at scale in our key outlets across the hub and to position global travel as the leading platform for premium brand building.
- Adapting powerful concepts from GT Marketing teams, and delivering these against a fully-crafted retail development strategy owned by Retail Development Head, ensuring that projects delivered are commercially and financially viable.
- Standing for flawless execution of global category and brand strategies in the hub, in line with global brand standards.
- Run end to end retail transformation projects for the geography, based on 'Ease of Shop' category growth strategies executed with priority customers.
Productivity & effectiveness:
- Manage CAPEX budget for permanent visibility for the along the whole financial year and support the CAPEX team leader
- Ensure M&E of all relevant activities, including benefit to Diageo and the category, utilised to guide all point of purchase investment
- Run the M&E on retail transformation solutions implemented when possible
- Strong creative skills. Demonstrates a true understanding of what amazing execution looks like and is able to articulate this on the shop floor
- Architectural/Design background is preferred.
- Technical skills: capability to understand and re-challenge technical drawings and technical solutions
- World class organisational skills and excellent project management skills. Excellent attention to detail with ability to drive work through external agency partners.
- Structured project planning. Ability to work on simultaneous projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Effective time management and ability to identify priorities and deliver them. Uses experience to plan the best use of available time to deliver the most scalable and profitable projects. Uses judgement to manage workload and focus on the largest opportunities for Global Travel.