- Champion the overall site safety program.
- Implement and coordinate an effective safety program that will yield year-on-year reductions in incident rates.
- Work with site management and corporate safety to create/develop safety culture at all levels of the site organization.
- Provide technical assistance in helping with the resolution of safety issues
- Will ensure that Diageo Risk Management policies, standards, Global and regional risk management procedures, programs and systems are fully and consistently implemented and integrated into site operations.
- Monitor and report the site Risk Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and safety incidents.
- Work with all sites functions to identify risks and ensure these risks are managed and mitigated.
- Support and Lead as necessary Risk Assessment's tools.
- Manage programs to comply with Safety requirements
- Work with Diageo's insurance carrier to minimize new and reduce current compensation claims
- Maintain 100% compliance to all applicable local, State, and federal regulations with regard to employee safety and health.
- Coach and assist Area Managers in the development of effective safety programs.
- Assist and participate with department and site-wide safety teams.
- Inspect, audit and monitor equipment, work areas and work practices and procedures for compliance with established health and safety rules and regulations.
- Assist in identifying, preventing, recommending control measures and eliminating safety hazards.
- Develop safety training, procedure development and safety promotion.
- Assist with new and modified processes/equipment/product development to ensure safety is included at all levels of design through implementation.
- Participate in safety & industrial hygiene reviews, routine safety inspections and incident investigations, making appropriate recommendations.
- Assist with the Contractor Safety program.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
University/College Degree, or qualification in one or more of the Risk areas and/or Safety Science.
- 7-10 years' experience managing Health and Safety programs (fast moving consumer goods industry-preferred)
- 5 years' experience on relevant production environment.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of US and Canadian Health and Safety laws and regulations.
- Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist preferred
- Demonstrated leadership capability. Able to lead and provide strong authentic leadership and build trusting relationships
- Demonstrated influencing skills, both cross functional and through senior organizational leadership.
- Able to manage people for success - set objectives, define roles, assign tasks, lead, coach, develop and motivate employees as well as remove barriers to set people up for success.
- Demonstrated engagement, presentation and influencing skills for large operation populations.
- Exhibits outstanding team building skills
- Project Management experience
- Excellent communication skills. Highly developed verbal and written skills
- Ability to influence, persuade, convince Ability to compromise, build consensus
- Able to resolve conflict
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.