In-house Commercial Legal Adviser
Function: UK Legal
Salary: competitive salary commensurate with experience + market leading benefits
PRIDE IN WHO WE ARE, PASSION FOR WHAT WE DO
Heineken UK is proud to be the UK's leading cider, beer and pub business. With over 2,000 colleagues employed across the UK, we offer fantastic opportunities for people with talent and drive.
Our unrivalled portfolio of brands includes Foster's, Strongbow, John Smith's, Bulmers, Desperados and of course the world-renowned Heineken® and, with over 1,800 pubs, we're one of the UK's leading leased pub businesses.
We have ambitious goals and we know it's the expertise and enthusiasm of our people that fuels our growth. Right now we're looking for an outstanding Commercial Legal Adviser to join our UK Legal Team. This role will be based in Edinburgh and will report to our Head of UK Legal. The UK Legal Team consists of 10 members.
What does the role involve?
You would be joining the business at an exciting time when there are some very significant projects to deliver in order to ensure we meet our objectives both now and in the future.
You will assist the Head of UK Legal and the rest of the UK legal team in the delivery of high quality legal services and legal risk management to the Heineken UK group. You will support Heineken UK and Star Pubs & Bars by providing general commercial legal advice in relation to a variety of types of commercial legal agreements and advising stakeholders on a wide range of legal topics. You will ensure effective legal risk management when reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements in relation to these areas by addressing legal risks and opportunities while applying a legal and entrepreneurial perspective.
Other aspects will include:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide variety of commercial agreements, including:
- procurement contracts,
- product supply agreements,
- distribution agreements,
- marketing contracts,
- information technology and software agreements and
- trade mark related agreements (licenses, assignments, co-existence).
- Acting as a key legal contact to the Star Pubs & Bars and UK Procurement teams.
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Legal Counsel regarding UK compliance matters.
- Monitoring new legislation and other legal developments in order to proactively disseminate relevant legal information to business colleagues to ensure the ongoing management of legal risks.
- Developing template legal documents, Q&A and other materials to enable the Legal Team to operate as effectively and efficiently as possible.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
To ensure success you will be qualified to practice as a lawyer in Scotland or England & Wales (NQ-4 years PQE) and have experience working in a commercial law firm and/or in-house legal team. You will have experience of negotiating and drafting commercial agreements and be willing to adapt these skills to the areas above.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the ability to deal confidently and build strong relationships with business colleagues. You will have a flexible attitude and the ability to multitask and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Broad general business knowledge with an understanding of areas of business which have a key role in commercial contracts is an advantage.
If this sounds like a journey you'd like to join, we'd love to hear from you.
Closing date 23rd July 2018
Job Segment: Risk Management, Compliance, Procurement, Supply, Law, Finance, Legal, Operations