In-house Corporate & Commercial Legal Counsel
Function: UK Legal
Salary: competitive salary commensurate with experience + Bonus + 35 days holiday + Bupa Healthcare + Award Winning Pension + Product Allowance
Your Flexible benefits are worked out as 15% of the base salary which you can take as cash or as a car allowance.
PRIDE IN WHO WE ARE, PASSION FOR WHAT WE DO
Heineken UK is proud to be the UK's leading cider, beer and pub business. With over 2,000 colleagues employed across the UK, we offer fantastic opportunities for people with talent and drive.
Our unrivalled portfolio of brands includes Foster's, Strongbow, John Smith's, Bulmers, Desperados and of course the world-renowned Heineken® and, with over 1,800 pubs, we're one of the UK's leading leased pub businesses.
We have ambitious goals and we know it's the expertise and enthusiasm of our people that fuels our growth. Right now we're looking for an outstanding Corporate & Commercial Legal Counsel to join our UK Legal Team. This role will be based in Edinburgh and will report to our Head of UK Legal. The UK Legal Team consists of 10 members.
What does the role involve?
You would be joining the business at an exciting time when there are some very significant projects to deliver in order to ensure we meet our objectives both now and in the future.
You will assist the Head of UK Legal and the Senior Corporate & Competition Counsel in the delivery of high quality legal services and legal risk management to the Heineken UK group. You will support Heineken UK and Star Pubs & Bars by providing specialist corporate and general commercial legal advice in relation to corporate transactions and a variety of types of commercial legal agreements and advising stakeholders on a wide range of legal topics. You will ensure effective legal risk management when reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements in relation to these areas by addressing legal risks and opportunities while applying a legal and entrepreneurial perspective. Other aspects will include:
- Transactions: Supporting the Senior Corporate & Competition Legal Counsel and Heineken group corporate development function in deals, providing high-class executional capabilities. Such support will include advising and assisting the business on large and complex corporate transactions and liaising with external legal advisers in respect of such transactions.
- Managing and executing straightforward corporate transactions without recourse to external legal advisors to ensure cost effective management of the change.
- Commercial: Acting as a point of contact for the Heineken UK sales force (On and Off Trade) and providing specialist legal services, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating contractual documents in connection with all areas of commercial activity e.g. direct and indirect procurement, regional and national sales contracts, and contractual interpretation and disputes, in order to control legal risk.
- Joint Ventures and Minority Shareholdings: Providing strategic legal advice on Heineken UK's complex joint venture and minority shareholding arrangements to ensure business transactions are managed in Heineken UK's best interests.
- Company Structure: Assisting the Senior Corporate & Competition Legal Counsel with managing Heineken UK Group company restructures from a legal perspective e.g. asset transfers, tax considerations, to support the company's aim for greater simplification.
- Monitoring and Training: Updating legal colleagues and other teams within the business in respect of current developments in corporate law which are of value to the business to ensure understanding and awareness.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
To ensure success you will be 3-7 years PQE and be qualified to practice as a lawyer in Scotland or England & Wales with post-qualification corporate-related experience working in a commercial law firm and/or in-house legal team. You will have experience of negotiating and drafting corporate documentation and be willing to adapt these skills to the areas above.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the ability to deal confidently and build strong relationships with business colleagues. You will have a flexible attitude and the ability to multitask and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Broad general business knowledge with an understanding of areas of business which have a key role in commercial contracts is an advantage.
If this sounds like a journey you'd like to join, we'd love to hear from you.
Closing date 29th July 2018
Job Segment: Procurement, Law, Risk Management, Operations, Legal, Finance