Closing Date 18th July
WE currently have fantastic opportunities for experienced ENGINEERING MANAGERS covering our world-class PACKAGING Facility in Runcorn
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business, with iconic brands including Guinness, Smirnoff, Captain Morgan and Johnnie Walker.
Our Ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these we need the world's very best leaders who want to be the best!
We are looking for a forward thinking engineering leader who is passionate about the people and teams they work in. They need to drive continuous performance improvement and support development of a high performing team culture. You need to thrive in fast paced environments and inspire, motivate and influence teams to be the best. They will need to lead and drive change plans from the front and help develop and drive the engineering strategy which supports the goals of both the site and overall Diageo business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our operations supply Guinness and other beers to 110 countries around the world. If you stacked all of the shipping containers that we export each year end to end they would be four times the height of Mount Everest! In addition, we support Diageo's developing markets with Guinness Flavour Extract, a key ingredient which is exported to all of our overseas breweries that produce Guinness, ensuring consistent high quality and flavour worldwide.
The Engineering Manager - Maintenance Support Lead responsibilities include leading the specialist support team to ensure maximum equipment availability whilst also leading the deployment of the MMS Asset Care practice within the packaging support team. You will take responsibility for the asset care budget within the team and manage asset care costs to ensure most cost effective solutions are executed. This role will work at the tier 1 level to deliver engineering functional expertise across the site and to actively lead and sponsor capex and brand change activity.
Further responsibilities include:
- Lead and advocate good governance around internal and external compliance (health & safety, quality and environment).
- Accountable for specialist improvement activity.
- Provide high levels of specialist support to the packaging teams.
- Proactively lead on performance analysis that drives improvement actions that address adverse performance trends.
- Manage and coach the asset care support team development programme to deliver sustainable asset care standards
- Support delivery of outstanding performance across a balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality, Environment, Asset Care, Delivery, Productivity, Cost and Morale).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
We are seeking to recruit qualified time served tradesperson (Electrical or mechanical) with at least 5 years supervisory experience ideally in a packaging environment The successful candidate must have demonstrated high energy and dynamism driving change in previous roles and willingness to provide flexibility to cover the dual site organisation. Other technical qualifications may be suitable when accompanied with suitable engineering managerial experience within a FMCG Manufacturing/Packaging environment. You ideally will also have experience of structured problem solving through exposure to LEAN, Six Sigma, TPM or Manufacturing Excellence.
Desirable qualifications that will be developed in role include:
- SAP, Planned Maintenance , Environmental and Quality Systems
- Working Knowledge of Environmental Legislation and standards
- COMAH and Legislative controls.
Visit www.diageo-careers.com to apply today! Also visit us on Diageo LinkedIn
Happy to talk Flexible Working