We're looking for an awesome Microbiologist to join our existing Quality Control labs!!
This is an exciting time for the BrewDog Quality department as we continue to grow our QC support function to stakeholders and other parts of the business.
You'll join the team performing routine analysis of all our products and will need to achieve this using conventional culture-based techniques and molecular approaches. You'll also be keeping and analysing data that will help us make sure our beer is always of the highest quality. Attention to detail is critical in the QC team, so you'll be obsessed with ensuring the accuracy of testing and reporting.
You'll have an insane ability to take complex microbiological data and communicate this effectively to other teams, teaching and inspiring confidence collaboratively. Always protecting our beer!
- Collection and management of samples according to the sampling plan.
- Yeast health management including cultivation and propagation.
- Preparation of stock solutions and media/inoculating and incubating samples.
- Developing new microbiological approaches/microbiological troubleshooting.
- Maintenance of QC data, equipment and SOP documentation.
- Retain good laboratory practices and quality ethics across the business.
- Simultaneously managing multiple support activities and requests.
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders to support business objectives.
- Become a cross-functional QC laboratory team member(analytics, sensory and packaging quality).
- Bachelor degree in microbiology, biology or another relevant field.
- Postgraduate experience desirable.
- Experience in a food or beverage based field is desirable.
- Experienced in microbiological techniques (cultural and molecular).
- Understanding of the microbiology of food and beverage organisms, especially yeast.
- Evidence of effective communication within and between teams.
- Able to work efficiently and with incredible attention to detail.
- Ability to think and operate with initiative and troubleshoot wherever necessary.
- Flexible and quick to learn.