"Building the legend of our fascinating drinks portfolio by selling the best product in the world in bars, clubs, restaurants and at events"
Our global priority brand portfolio consists of Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and many more. Diageo trades in approximately 180 markets and employs over 35,000 talented people around the world. The word Diageo comes from the Latin for day (dia) and the Greek for world (geo). Our great range of brands and geographic spread means that people can celebrate with our products at every occasion no matter where they are in the world. This is why 'celebrating life every day, everywhere' is at the core of what we do.
Our vision in the Benelux is to be the undisputed leader in growing our core spirits. In particular: Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys and Captain Morgan.
We are looking for you to support in achieving our great performance ambition!
You are responsible for bringing to life our brands in bars, clubs and at events! You will arrange meetings with customers (club owners, F&B Managers and other decision makers) and build great commercial partnerships with them. You prioritize your visits, negotiate partnership deals and put in place clear merchandising standards. You measure and evaluate business performances and initiate proposals for the business. It is a win-win situation: customers grow their business by selling our great portfolio! You have the ability to create amazing customer experiences. This is a commercial position and you are responsible for driving and inspiring customer loyalty while implementing marketing activations. We drive the performance of our brands through:
- Quality: our brand are perfectly served
- Distribution: our brands are available in relevant outlets
- Visibility: our brands stand out in the outlets
- Price: our brands have been advised to have optimal price points
- Promotion: our promotions drive sales and brand preference
- Persuasion: our brands are recommended by the staff
Your job isn't done until our products are visible to consumers and perfectly served in the right places.
It is not about years of experience, but about having the right attitude!
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Good knowledge of the spirits industry, our brands and the on trade business is a plus
- Dutch native speaker and fluency in English (we are an international organisation)
- Networker and confident
- Understand consumer types, attitudes and trends
- Strong influencing skills: the ability to impact customer behaviour at the point of purchase
- High level of structure
- Self-starting and resilient
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills
- Quick learner; in order to sell the broad portfolio of products in the most effective way, you need to be able to absorb skills and knowledge quickly.
- Restless, agile, competitive
- Well aware of Utrecht/Haarlem and surrounding on-trade circuit, key stakeholders and outlets