- Primarily responsible for providing category recommendations to Walmart through a fact-based approach: category assessment, planogram development, assortment optimization, promotional planning and evaluation, shopper insights, etc.
Complexity of Role:
- Has a solid understanding of the business, financials, products/services, markets, and the needs of customer; become recognized as an expert in the Spirits category
- Complexity is high and flexibility is critical in a dynamic fast-paced environment (very SKU intensive category)
- The role requires a significant level of collaboration and the ability to build productive relationships with the buying team and provide fact-based category recommendations to the customer
- Deep understanding of category management practices and ways of working
1. Utilize various sources such as syndicated data, retail link data, and research to solve current business issues, define category and consumer trends, and identify business opportunities. This analysis will be translated into fact-based recommendations and customer presentations.
2. Delivery of standard category management practices: shelf management, promotion planning/analysis, pricing analysis, and business development projects.
3. Creation and maintenance of category scorecards with proactive recommendations on an ongoing basis.
4. Develop and maintain a pipeline of fact-based actionable consumer and shopper insights relevant to customer needs.
5. Assume expert role and ownership of assigned tools, processes, and tasks.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years relevant experience required, preferably Category Management experience in Consumer Packaged Goods or Beverage Category
- Highly prefer strong technical experience with advanced software skills relevant to Category Management function - this includes syndicated data systems (Nielsen, IRI, Spectra), space planning software (Atlas AMP and JDA) and Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous category advisor or customer interfacing roles required
- Possess strong project management, time management, and organizational skills
Ability to travel 10%TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.