Junior Counsel, Global Supply & Procurement
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
We are seeking a Junior Legal counsel to assist senior lawyers and procurement colleagues in delivering fit for purpose contracts and supporting on negotiations with suppliers as well as supporting with renewals, negotiations and terminations of existing contracts.
The role will have a focus on Global Information Systems (IS), Outsourcing and Indirects, but will also provide support for general procurement matters across the business.
- Drafting and Negotiating: Confidence in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and explaining legal issues to stakeholders to manage Diageo's risk. Confident to advise the business of the effects of contracts and ability to know when to escalate to more senior lawyers in the team. Work is carried out predominantly independently.
- Pragmatic and Commercial: Sensible, pragmatic and commercial fit for purpose approach. You will be the sole point of contact for some members of the procurement and supply teams.
- Work to support the IS, Indirects and General Procurement teams with timely agreements and execution of contracts
- Co-ordinate with regional counsel and local external counsel globally where required
- Co-ordinate with other lawyers in the team and Knowledge Management Counsel to update precedents and support knowledge sharing within the Diageo Global Legal Team
Essential qualifications / experience required i.e. language, technical qualifications etc
- Experienced commercial contracts lawyer
- Pragmatic and commercial approach
- Must be proactive, capable of using own initiative
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must enjoy working as part of a team and be willing to engage regularly with team members and key stakeholders