Commercial Finance Manager - Grain Distilling and Leven White Spirits
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
This role is the Finance Business Partner to the Cameronbridge distillery (the world's biggest whisky distillery) and Leven SS (producing iconic liquids like Tanqueray, Gordons, Smirnoff and Pimms) businesses, providing BPM, commercial decision support and strategic financial planning to the Site Director and the leadership team
The role will be judged on the ability to ensure insightful, timely and accurate performance information to work with the management team in effective decision-making, holding the team to account on delivery of the financial performance and managing risks to achieve this.
- Lead the local BPM process ensuring the right information is provided to drive a decision focused monthly process, with a view to maintaining tight control of financial performance relative to the annual plan covering Grain Distilling, Bioenergy and White Spirits
- Lead ad hoc decision support projects within this area / support others across the D&M finance team
- Co-ordinate and lead the annual financial planning process ensuring alignment with stakeholders
- Provide financial input and challenge into CAPEX projects and initiatives ensuring that the financial impact is fully understood and that investment appraisals and post completion reviews are carried out
- Support the Manex programme across the sites, including quantification and prioritisation of efficiency and cost saving projects
Essential qualifications / experience required i.e. language, technical qualifications etc
- Self-motivated and resilient, able to proactively identify issues and drive delivery of solutions
- Experience of working effectively with non-financial stakeholders to deliver financial outcomes.
- Proven ability to engage and influence all levels of management
- Experience of managing and participating in cross functional teams
- Able to self-manage and prioritise effectively
- Qualified accountant with at least 1-2 years PQE
- Excellent analytical, questioning and team working skills
- Understanding of investment appraisal techniques
- Experience in a commercial environment would be an advantage