Closing Date: 22nd July 2018
A bit about us;
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
A bit about the role:
Our site at Leven is pivotal in the packing and distribution of many of our market-leading brands. Working on our core weekday shift rotation, the Service Engineer works in the Engineering services department within a flexible team environment and they will utilise their engineering skills to ensure all departments within the Leven packaging site have the services they require to satisfy customer demands.
In this role, you will:
You will carry out plant maintenance across the our busy site with an aim to in an effort to achieve minimum downtime and adhere to all legal requirements. This includes, but is not limited to;
- Ensuring the day to day running of all services equipment and all shifts and overtime are covered when services are required.
- Making sure all maintenance operations comply with Diageo risk standards.
- Playing a pivotal role in ensuring the Leven site is Comah compliant through effective incident manager duties.
- Effectively managing Contractors within areas of your responsibility.
- Responding promptly and appropriately to plant emergency and breakdown situations.
To be considered for this role, you must be /have;
- A recognised apprenticeship in mechanical engineering or equivalent or an similar HNC with proven working experience
- Computer literate
- General engineering experience gained in a services /manufacturing environment. It would be ideal if this included sound knowledge of compressed air, steam, water and attemperation system.
- Comfortable in working to set risk and maintenance standards
- Ideally, some awareness of crisis management and Comah regs
- A proactive approach in identifying and communicating opportunities to continually improve the site services and production processes.
- The kind of person who can actively participate in the change process.
- Strong interpersonal skills
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment.
By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.