Diageo is a leading premium drinks company whose success is built on the marketing and sales of its extensive portfolio. The responsibility of this role is to support Diageo's largest production site in North America across the Human Resources foundations of Talent Strategy & Planning, Organizational Effectiveness and Performance Enablement. This role focuses on understanding and aligning key business and people strategies, practices and processes to ensure we have a productive environment that is engaging and inclusive. It applies the standards of HR policies and practices for Conversion and maintains the integrity of these practices while continuing to build capabilities.
Purpose of Role:
Help embed the Organization and People strategy to support performance & engagement goals for the site, including salary and unionized employees. The HRC provides day to day HR support to the Plainfield HR Director. This position is responsible for site communications, reporting, data analysis, and accountable for maintaining a strict level of confidentiality.
- Act as a central point of contact and liaison across the Plainfield Conversion site for key projects and annual HR processes (Rewards, Values Survey, Talent Reviews, Learning & Development, Engagement, P4Gs, etc.)
- Lead and/or assist with standardization and streamline practices, tools, resources, communications and documentation, as well as manage performance trackers and plans for the department
- Build and develop relationships with peers and others to exchange feedback on issues, identify and/or solve problems, assess needs, and /or achieve business results
- Support HR Director in key HR & People Processes
- Serve as the Diageo systems champion to their client groups (Workday, Values Survey, etc.); Assist and train team as needed, handle all reporting and assist in complex issues
- Responsible to generate key reports to support the HRBP to identify or address actions for their client groups (Diversity, Talent Reviews, P4G, Labor & Employee Relations, etc.)
- Serves as the central point of contact for both union and management Employee and Labor Relations matters including Progressive Discipline and Grievance processes
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in HR or related field of study)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in HR preferred, including Labor Relations experience
- Knowledge of Workday, Brass Ring and Survey Monkey
- Implement and manage change effectively; creates environment for change
- Thrives under pressure with changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Requires outstanding presentation, communication and coaching skills
- Demonstrated high integrity and confidentiality
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal
- Ability to drive projects with rigor and momentum
- Strong commercial awareness and organisational understanding.
- Good influencer who can lead indirectly cross functional team performance.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well with others; team-oriented
- Time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of and experience in applying HR policies and federal and state regulations relating to employment, affirmative action, benefits and labor relations to counsel client group
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.