Serves as leader of the International Diversity & Inclusion strategy, overseeing all workforce and culture initiatives aimed at making the Brown-Forman International organization best in class. Partners with the international leadership team and human resources to drive:
- Corporate-wide D&I strategies and initiatives programs, and processes that enable all employees to bring their best selves to the workplace to do their best work.
- Policies and practices that reflect the company's values and which are compliant legally
- High levels of engagement and productivity amongst all international locations and populations
- Results against committed D&I action and ensure meaningful progress to business aligned outcomes.
In this role, the Director focuses on leading development and improvement across the four pillars, where applicable, of Brown-Forman's D&I strategy within the international market, which include Workforce, Community, Brands/Markets, and Supplier pillars. Also, s/he works closely with both managers, the Senior Vice President, Chief Diversity Officer: to connect to global D&I initiatives and the President, International Division: to insure leadership accountability, enhancing their ability to build an inclusive culture and increase employee engagement within the international division.
- Partners with Human Resources to diagnose cultural diversity needs and develop programs.
- Provides diversity leadership and counsel to develop and communicate diversity and inclusion interventions, programs and events that result in positive diversity or work life programs.
- Personally teaches, speaks, models, and becomes the face of D&I for Brown-Forman in the international division.
- Establishes a D&I Coaching Practice and other innovative initiatives to move the culture forward.
- Partners with Global Talent Acquisition, to develop and implement diversity recruiting strategies and tactics that result in a robust talent pipeline of diverse talent at all levels of the organization.
- Designs, develops and delivers conflict resolution initiatives as needed
- Accountable to oversee measurable metrics and statistics, in the diversity space, with best-in-class results for comparable companies
- Partners with People Development to set the strategy for diversity and inclusion education programs and services, including creating and delivering customized training programs, and working with external vendors/consultants as appropriate.
- Provides consultation and coaching to senior leaders, managers and other employees concerning diversity and inclusion.
- Creates and execute communications and change management strategies, including an internal plan to increase awareness with employees and an external plan to support key stakeholder relationships.
- Serves as the advisor to each of the International Diversity & Inclusion Councils, advising and guiding the Councils with both internal and external insights as it relates to council initiatives
- Serves as the advisor to the International ERG Chapters supporting the successful advancement of their local strategic initiatives.
- Works with major stakeholders and Team Member resource groups to insure alignment of diversity & inclusion strategy, mission and goals to business imperatives.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources (i.e.,Talent Management/Organization Development) experience or equivalent required; Broad understanding of talent assessment and development required
- A minimum of 10 (preferably 15) years of international experience as a diversity and inclusion leader with in-depth knowledge of diversity best practices, concepts and programs
- Proven leader able to clearly communicate ideas and proposals to all levels, develop trust and influence as a senior thought leader with a broad relationship base
- A high energy, results-oriented and resourceful leader who is capable of quickly taking control of his/her responsibilities and establishing himself/herself as a credible strategic business partner
- Multi-cultural sensitivity in all dimensions of diversity and inclusion, particularly across the applicable geographies related to the position
- Experience and knowledge of adult learning concepts and excellent facilitation skills
- Strong knowledge of the business with polished, operations, consultation, resolution and negotiation abilities
- Advisor, counselor and confidante to leaders on maximizing employee engagement through personal leadership
- Excellent teaming and project management skills, ability to manage and facilitate cross-site and cross-functional teams to create a "one company" diversity and inclusion strategy
- Strong execution skills; Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel's & Cola, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel's Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman's brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.