Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
Please note this is a weekend shift role, you will need to work Friday, Saturday and Sundays.
A Team Leader you will be involved in:
The role will be leading the weekend production teams to take accountability for delivering outstanding performance in all aspects of the balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality, Environment, Delivery, Productivity, Cost and Engagement). Managing a high level of day to day complexities in a busy operational environment delivering high quality products in a safe manner to plan. Ensuring that all health, safety and environment, quality, cost and reliability standards are met and driving conformance to regulatory and accreditation standards (e.g. ISO/HACCP etc.) in packaging. This will included leading with a high level of engagement and leadership in ManEx methods and tools.
- Ensure a safe working environment for the line team supported by active participation and leadership of the sites Safety programs.
- Managing line performance against plan, and coordinating with key stakeholders (planning, other shifts, Malcolm's, and material planning).
- Ensure products are produced in line with finished product specifications and ensure compliance to quality and food safety checks as managed through Harford and GMP audit standards.
- Active involvement and leadership of line ManEx processes, including Loss & Waste and ITF, contributing to supporting in delivery of improved performance by the line.
- Development of the team to support improvement of performance across the Weekend operations.
Qualifications and Experience Required to be successful!
- Ability to manage peoples performance, coaching and development of a multi-disciplined team of between 10 to 20 people
- Experience of leading and embedding change within teams
- At least 3 years progressive experience in production management. Ideally in a shift based FMCG manufacturing environment.
- NEBOSH qualification or willing to complete it within 12 months
- Proactive structured problem evaluation & solving skills learnt through exposure to Lean, Six Sigma, or Manufacturing excellence.
- Experience of working in a challenging quality & customer focused FMCG environment.
- Proficient in use of standard business (MS Office) and Diageo packages.
- SAP (or MRP systems), Planned Maintenance, Environmental and Quality system ( Informance, Harford, Pinnacle)
- Financially aware.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment.
By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.