Our client is a global premium drinks group with an enviable portfolio of market leading brands. They are now looking for a Marketing Manager to lead the growth of one of their leading spirits brands in one of their key geographic regions - Latin America.
• Latin America is one of the key geographic priorities for this spirits brand over the coming 3 years and this role is vital in building sustainable the productive relationship with key markets and helping the market co.s to develop sustainable acceleration plans for the brand
• You will take leadership in driving amplification of ‘clustering’ effect across the priority markets. Your role will be to maximise the synergies of ‘search and spin best practice to encourage cross fertilisation of excellence in execution.
• As part of the “International Marketing Team” you (& the other members of the Market Activation Team) will have overall responsibility for anticipating, identifying and satisfying consumer needs by supporting and guiding the development of inspiring, iconic and disruptive global strategies, initiatives and action plans which translate into local success.
• You will also work closely with the markets themselves, taking the time to visit, experience and understand the opportunities and challenges of each individual market. You will help the markets develop their own understanding of the brand and coordinate team and trade visits to IRELAND.
• Reporting to: Global Market Activation Director
Key Responsibilities for this Role:
• Drive Global Momentum by acting as the business development strategic partner for the Market Co teams via the Project Management of all key work streams between.
• Be the Champion of your geographic region by framing a strategic recommendation on regional growth and synergies for the business.
• Work closely with priority markets to maximise the ‘clustering effect’ where synergies, best practice and search and spin can be maximised.
• Consolidate the local market needs, give detailed & regular feedback to IMT and ensure co-development is achieved so as to deliver optimal tools for market.
• Deliver on ‘Purposeful Innovation’ by ensuring that new innovations provide solutions that add value to the markets, whilst also driving equity and volume for the parent brand.
• Ensure Commercial and Financial metrics are met via regular liaison with Customer Relations and finance teams, participation on the S&OP calls and monitoring SKU mix and overall business performance.
• Take a lead role in the monthly S&OP conference calls to ensure seamless stock position for all current and future brand initiatives
• Take a lead on the development, design and Management of the Quarterly Alignment meeting with any lead markets within the region.
• Strategic Direction & Planning Cycle – Work closely with Strategic Planning to set strategic direction & initiatives for the region.
• Build and maintain strong relationships within all key departments at appropriate market level.
• Build strong ways of working which enhance the smooth delivery of the market plan.
• Build strong and actionable relationship internally.
• Regular liaison with Customer relationship and finance teams
• Assist in identifying & recruitment of appropriate graduates by market. Support and coach Market Activation Assistant during day to day tasks
• Be a proactive contributing member of the Market Activation Team so as to ensure its continued development and long-term success.
• At least Degree standard: MBA a plus
• 8 years plus marketing & commercial experience, ideally both in a market co., as well as on the brand owner’s side.
• International consumer marketing experience, especially in the area of international premium brands as well as digital marketing experience – particularly in the one to many communication platform.
• Portfolio Expertise showing experience in portfolio management, prioritisation and value creation
• Preferred background, spirits and wines, other drinks industry, FMCG.
• Adaptability in an international environment, willingness to travel.
• Languages: English is mandatory; Portuguese & Spanish are a real advantage.
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the EU.
Please provide your CV (in word format) and current salary & remuneration with your application.
Candidates meeting the brief will be contacted within 2 weeks of their application, sadly we are not always able to respond to all candidates but will do our best to do so.