As we upweight the NRM focus around strategy and analytics, the new strategy director role will bring together all of the levers, including occasion based pricing strategies in addition to the traditional benchmarking and elasticity analyses. This role will be the conduit between brand teams, innovation, analytics teams, and in-market execution teams and will guide a team of 7 across US Spirits, Beer and Canada. The strategy director will have increased autonomy to turn data-based insights into market level action by working with the NRM market directors to execute the strategies.
- Determine which strategy changes are the most compelling, backed by robust data
- Determine which stakeholders are critical to executing the strategies, and ensure a plan is in place to influence those stakeholders
- Determine which categories, sizes and types of trade investment that the team needs to prioritize
- Determine optimal price strategy on new to world innovation
- Determine innovative ways to leverage data sets that are newly available
- Determine NSV and GP impact of all strategic recommendations for years 1-3. This includes both headline price and promotion impacts.
- Track volume and value impact (M&E) following execution of strategic changes
- Reports into the Head of NRM
- Will manage 3 price/pack/promo architecture managers (L5), 2 Trade Spend Optimization managers (L5), and 2 Business Analytics analysts (L6)
- Will coordinate with advanced analytics and shopper insights teams where appropriate
- Will coordinate with COE to help with analytics where appropriate
- Robust people management and development plans
- Deliver NRM value through price and mix that is ahead of the industry
- Create detailed price strategy playbooks that includes headline price, and depth & frequency promotion strategy by brand, by size, by channel, by occasion (NRM Missions)
- Create data-based selling tools for the execution teams
- Synthesize data into compelling and simple stories for Exec reviews
- Monthly M&E results against actions taken
- Minimum of 7 years of Business experience, preferably in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry. Graduate/MBA an asset
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with experience in managing CPG price studies
- Experience in managing a team demonstrating succession results
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and process management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across functions
- Experience in developing business plans / business cases; strategic thinking (forward-looking vision and anticipating of future needs)
- Working understanding of P&L levers & value chain modeling
- Business experience across multiple product lines and/or routes-to-market and/or channels - e.g., large store, small store, and Off/On Premise channels; wholesalers/distributors
- Experience in developing Pricing & Promotion structures
- Experience and comfort working directly with senior leaders; aligning senior execs with differing perspectives
- Collaborating with brand/category teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint) and data mining tools are a plus
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.