The Regional Director manages all aspects of the assigned territory (the region), by leading and developing a group of Commercial Business Managers, leveraging their collective strengths to simultaneously deliver short-term results and build long-term brand value. Key pillars of the position include: Wholesaler Management, On Premise Management, Brand Building, Brand Education, Pricing Management, P&L Management, Supply Chain & Compliance, with a particular emphasis on Coaching & Mentoring a professional team of commercial business managers. Success in the position will deliver (or over-deliver) against defined annual P&L goals, Execution KPIs and continued exceptional growth of the Edrington brands including The Macallan, Highland Park, The Glenrothes, The Famous Grouse, Brugal Rum, Snow Leopard Vodka and Tequila Partida. The Regional Director will also play a key role on the Edrington Mexico Leadership Team.
- Aid in setting and lead the implementation of the strategic direction for the Business Unit across all channels and segments.
- Clearly communicate the Strategic Direction and Edrington priorities to Wholesaler Leadership and Sales Teams. Instil belief and create buy-in from distributor management.
- Work effectively to align brand and field marketing with commercial teams behind a shared vision, designed to deliver against the Strategic Imperatives of the organization.
- Ensure optimal allocation of Edrington and Wholesaler resources against portfolio brand standards within the region.
- Drive a leading global luxury brand to deliver yearly profit growth and simultaneously grow brand equity
- Accelerate the growth of a highly acclaimed and lesser known brand
- Cultivate new opportunities for a strong core business
- Support the continued evolution of the Edrington Americas business to develop gold-standard organizational capabilities
- Lead the Division to become a recognized leader in the beverage industry by key stakeholders
- Wholesaler Management: Build exceptional business relationships, drive brand focus, manage performance & delivery, and provide leading customer service
- Brand Building: Challenge the status-quo and put the consumer at the heart of the conversation, oversee the planning and execution of the local marketing plans, support all nationally lead activities at the local level, act as an unwavering brand guardian
- Brand Education: Ensure delivery of the highest quality brand education experiences to all Trade and consumer audiences
- Pricing Management: Oversee the implementation and execution of the local pricing strategy, negotiate selling costs and margins, maintain an active awareness of competitive activity
- P&L Management: Drive depletions profitability, grow brand value, manage A&P, additional local marketing investments, selling costs, and overheads to deliver the annual profit plan
- Supply Chain & Compliance: Drive the allocation strategy, support exceptional customer service, and ensure industry leading legal compliance across the region
- Coaching & Mentoring: Provide formal and informal feedback to each member of the regional team, support further understanding and capabilities development across the wider Edrington Americas business, set an example for our people. Oversee roll-out and embedding of all Edrington Sales Academy initiatives to regional team
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies Required
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree
- 5 to 10 years of FMCG sales and marketing management experience required, Beverage Alcohol Industry experience is essential
- Experience of Wholesaler Channel and On Premise channel management is essential
- 3 + years of experience in a leadership role required
- High level of proficiency in English required
- Sale force management is strongly desired
- Marketing experience is a strongly desired
- On/Off premise experience a plus
- A proven track record in a change oriented and entrepreneurial environment
- Thorough understanding of the 3 tier system is essential
- An ability to provide leading customer service delivery is required
- Detailed understanding of marketing strategy and mix
- Strong understanding of organizational vision
- Experience Managing a Sales and Operations Planning process
- An ability to coach and mentor a diverse Sales and Marketing team.
- Deep understanding of ON/OFF channel pricing
- Proficiency with MS Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent Interpersonal and Presentation Skills are a must
- Deep knowledge of, and ability to leverage insights gained from, syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, VIP, Diver, etc.)
- Strong Organizational awareness and the ability to manage complexity
- Strong Emotional Intelligence
- Ability to manage a broad network of internal and external partners and relationships
- Ability to analyse complex business issues and make decisions that drive the company's success.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and a positive attitude when facing opportunities and challenges
- Ability to work independently and remain focused in a dynamic working environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally, at all levels of the organization
- Recognize team performance and coaches others
- Travel requirement up to 30-40% as needed to perform job function
- At least 18 years of age
To apply for this role you must currently hold a valid entitlement to work in this location.
Edrington provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to general legal requirements, Edrington complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.