Health, Safety & Environment Manager
* Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
* Within the International Supply Centre (ISC), we have 8 packaging sites, including Shieldhall, where across our 7 production lines we bottle and package Scotch malt whiskies.
* Across the ISC, we bottle and package spirits (brown and white) and ready to drink brands to supply over 170 countries around the world.
* At the heart of each packaging site, is a ruthless focus on Health, Safety and Manufacturing Excellence, centered on our daily operational review.
* Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere, means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
About the Role:
* This role reports directly to the Site Governance Manager and is a member of the Governance Team on site.
* You will lead a team of up to 9 people looking after our health, safety, environment and risk agenda in the Shieldhall Packaging facility.
* A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Leader to support our world class processes.
* This is a dynamic role, working closely with all areas and functions of the Shieldhall site, meaning the ability to build relationships and influence across all levels is vital.
* We are a Lower Tier COMAH site, so experience with this legislation will be an advantage.
* We offer a welcoming team environment with opportunities to develop your career.
The Ideal Candidate:
* You will hold your NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent level Practitioner qualification in Occupational Safety & Health) and relevant environmental qualification and have 3+ years FMCG experience.
* You will be a team player, with an energy and passion to drive the Health & Safety and Environmental Agenda on site.
* You will be driven to improve site performance against all KPI's and lead your team to perform at their personal best.
* Experience of leading a team, and implementing safety cultural change, are required to be successful in this role.
* A proven track record of dealing with H&S incidents and the ability to be flexible on a site driven by continuous improvement are essential.
* In return for your flexibility we too will be flexible so if this is a requirement don't hesitate to discuss it with us.