Due to an upcoming retirement we have an excellent opportunity for a Security Officer to join the team. This role will contribute to the efficient and effective provision of all aspects of security at the Great Western Road site - ensuring a secure and safe working environment for staff, physical security of the buildings and grounds, as well as protecting the spirit stocks and company assets against loss or damage.
Reporting to the Security Team Leader, key responsibilities will include:
- Adopting and complying with standard operating procedures and security strategies for the site
- Maintaining a high level of security awareness via practice briefings, training and education
- Investigating breaches of security and reporting findings with recommended action to the Security Team Leader notifying any external agency as required/ appropriate ( i.e. Fire or Police)
- Providing support to the business units and workforce at Great Western Road as required
- Controlling access to, and egress from the site for staff, contractors and visitors
- Monitoring and managing CCTV covering the site and the visitor experience
- Liaising with local police and establishing effective relationships
- Raising job cards where required
- Responding to, and providing support to, any major incident or occurrence as required
To be considered for this role you will have previous related experience in a security or armed forces/police service role.
You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to communicate and interact with staff and visitors with an ability to produce written reports and briefings to a high standard.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS - THURSDAY 16TH AUGUST