Ensure competitive advantage for DIAGEO at the "moment of choice" by identifying best practices and leveraging our portfolio scale and market position for the benefit of all brands.
Lead the POS Production team to deliver the most productive and impactful at retail solutions for Diageo Brands.
The Senior Manager, POS role exists to execute leading edge strategies within POS Production across our Spirits Portfolio. The role is responsible for realising the benefits of our scale while also driving efficiencies in the compliant sourcing of high impact/high quality physical availability assets. This role leads the POS vendor engagement ensuring that the preferred supplier model is fit for purpose and delivering what the business needs OTIF. Work with internal teams and external vendors to drive added value through effective management of promotion materials for all quarterly planned programming.
- Brand Assets
- All Indirect Merchandising Categories - Apparel, Display, Barware, Glassware etc
- Financial & Analytical Skills
- Team Leadership
- Collaborative & Solution Orientated
- Portal budget/spend tracking and F&F/S&U Tax cost reporting
- CARM reporting
- Negotiation of POS costs
- T&E/OH cost management
Must possess in-depth knowledge of 3-tier system and understand the field requirements to sell-in and then deploy STOP-ENGAGE-LAND tactics to disrupt shoppers and convert them to Diageo brands. Must be able to work seamlessly across Customer Marketing, Divisions, Procurement and Brand marketing to influence a broad range of stakeholders including GM's, Activation Teams, Sales Leads and Distributor partners.
Leadership Responsibilities and Decision Making Rights
- Oversee the Monthly, Adhoc, On Demand and Quarterly Portal Cycles
- Own POS Productivity Agenda and deliver expectations
- Delivery against in-market deadlines
- Provide gate-keeping expertise to CP&A and brand teams
- Build strong relationships with CP&A and brand teams
- Insure material quality and graphic standards are consistent with brand strategies
- Ensure only compliant - safe and ethically sourced materials are used.
- Lead & develop your team - live the values and always exhibit the leadership standards
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Develop, refine and implement best practice ways of working with Agencies/Procurement & other stakeholders
- Collaborate with CP&A partners, agencies and activation teams to ensure high impact, brand appropriate and compliant materials are only produced
- Vendor Partner management, negotiation, performance review productivity efficiencies are achieved
- Builds and maintains a high functioning team of two POS managers
Qualifications and Experience Required
- POS production experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Change Management skills
- Project Management skills that allow deadline delivery OTIF
- Negotiating with vendors
- Understanding of modern retail, POS Purchasing, Warehousing and Logistic environment - including appreciation of appropriate costs/processes
- Influencing across a matrixed environment
- Experience in working with promotional agencies/suppliers
- Ability to work independently and cross functionally, manage multiple projects.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.